"Calculate the discount before tax" not working in VM 3.6.8

• Default avatar
    craig6    
     4 years ago

JM: 3.9.13,  VM: 3.6.8, PHP: 7.2, AwoCoupon: 3.5.7.2

I cannot configure AwoCoupon to not include tax when calculating discount. This began with recent Joomla/VM updates. Please help.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

In awocoupon > awocoupon > installation check, is everything installed?
  • Default avatar
    craig6    
     4 years ago  last edited 4 years ago

That was it. All is working fine again. One file was missing

www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/calculationh.php

• Default avatar
    craig6    
     4 years ago

I just upgrade my development site to VM 3.6.10 and now coupons are including tax again.

Installation check show all items are installed.

General Configuration is set to "Yes" for Calculate the discount before tax.

Please help.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

If you upgraded Virtuemart, then calculationh.php would have gone out of sync again.  After upgrading to 3.6.10, did you install it from the installation check page?
  • Default avatar
    craig6    
     4 years ago

Okay. I uninstall it and then reinstall but still not calculating properly. Running 3.5.7.3
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

I just ran some tests on Virtuemart 3.6.10 and not seeing any issues with taxes.

Maybe you can provide some more information about your cart and setup.
  • Default avatar
    craig6    
     4 years ago

Better yet I can give you admin access to development. Will email details.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

Took a look and seems to be working as it always has.  Here is a screen shot of the cart with a $10 discount where the tax is 7%.

Product price - discount : 20 - 10 = 10
    Tax 10 * 0.07 = 0.70
    Total 10 + 0.70 = 10.70

As for the display you are using the calculation operation "Price modifier before tax per bill" or DBTaxBill.    AwoCoupon does not modifier this DBTaxBill or DATaxbill.  It only modifiers the tax, TaxBill.  Even looking at the screen shot, you will see the $1.40 does not show under the tax column.

As a test, I changed it to TaxBill in the image below.  As you can see, the tax shows under the tax column, and AwoCoupon makes the modification to make sure the tax displays correctly.

pHf80qO.png

• Default avatar
    craig6    
     4 years ago

Thank you for clarifying! I was confused about all the Tax calculation options in Virtuemart.