Payments with gift coupon when coupon is higher than the purchase

• Default avatar
    alessandro8    
     4 years ago

Hi there.

I've just bought AWO Coupon PRO.

I tried to complete a purchase of 480 euro (shipment included) with a gift coupon of 500 euro and paying via PayPal.

It doesn't work because PayPal asked me to set a value bigger than ZERO (it makes sense).

So how I let it working properly? Do I need to setup a new payment method or something like that?

Thanks.

ag

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello, 

Yes, assuming you are using Virtuemart, then you would create a new payment method (standard) and set toe Maximum order total to 0.01, and name it something like 'Free order'.  That way when the order total in the cart is 0, the free order payment method will show.
  • Default avatar
    alessandro8    
     4 years ago

Thanks!

ag

• Default avatar
    alessandro8    
     4 years ago

Hi Seyi, thanks for your help.

Yes I'm using Virtuemart, sorry. :)

I tried to configure payment system like you told me but I can't understand how it works.

If I create a Gift Coupon of 450 euro how can I let customers pay with free payment only if they have a Gift Coupon code?

Because if I set the payment method as you ask me everyone can pay with Free Payment without inserting any code.

Or I'm wrong?

Thanks

ag

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

For the free payment method set the 'Maximum order total' to 0.01.  So it will only show up if the customer total is 0.01 or less.
  • Default avatar
    alessandro8    
     4 years ago

Thanks.

I don't have "Maximum order total" but "Maximum amount". I assume you are talking about that, right? :)

ag

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Yes correct.