Minimum Item Total - Do not apply discount if Item is less than $ amount

• Default avatar
    simon82    
     4 years ago

I have created a coupon ($10 per item), but I do not want the coupon to apply to any items that are less than $50. 

The current Minimum Order Total set to specific does not work, as I have a number of specific exclusions and exclusions already set on the coupon code - this just applies to any item that is included in the specific settings.

Is there a way to achieve this? If not can this feature be added? eg. Minimum Price Pre Item?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

The only way you could achieve it now is to create a category for either over 50 or under 50, add all relevant products and include/exclude the category in the coupon code.
  • Default avatar
    simon82    
     4 years ago

Thanks for the reply.

We already categorize every product and use this feature for including and excluding coupons. In this circumstance, it would have to be an additional layer so we could categorize a product in multiple ways (which doesn't currently exist).

I have submitted a suggestion as we cannot be the only company that has coupons that cannot be applied to items under a set $. 

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

I have seen the request.

You can still do this in the current version using a combination coupon:
    - Coupon A: your current coupon
    - Coupon B: set the value to 0 and discount type specific and select the products/category that are 50 and over
    - Coupon C: combination coupon where you add coupons A and B and set process type to Only if All apply

Then use coupon C.

• Default avatar
    simon82    
     4 years ago

Thanks - we have hundreds of products that change every few months, so adding each one is currently very time consuming, especially when this has to be done for every coupon we set up. I am just looking for a more efficient way to do this.

I am surprised this has never come up before!