The page you are trying to access is restricted due to a security rule when adding certain users to AwoCoupon

• Default avatar
    bmm01    
     8 years ago

Joomla: 3.4.5
    PHP: 5.5.30
    AwoCoupon Pro: 2.2.6 (Admin) 2.4.3 (Site)
    Host: SiteGround

I have a coupon which was working fine before upgrading to 2.4.3.

When I was trying to add a customer to the coupon I get the error page:

Access Denied: The page you are trying to access is restricted due to a security rule.
    If you believe the security rule is affecting the normal operation of your website, contact your host support team and provide detailed instructions how to recreate this error.
    They will be able to assist you with rectifying the problem and adjusting the security configuration if needed.

I managed to isolate the problem to 6 customers that I removed from the coupon and then I can add other customers.

All customers are registered and look as if there won't be any security issues.

2 of the customers have an apostrophe (') in their name so I thought that could be the issue but the other four do not and do not have any other special characters.

I can give you access to my test system and the database if required.

Thanks and regards
    Brett
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

I think it would be easiest if you can send me a private message with temp admin access and exactly how to produce the error. I did try adding a user with an apostrophe in the name and adding to a coupon. I did not get any errors.
  • Default avatar
    bmm01    
     8 years ago

Thanks Seyi

I have sent you the login details via PM. I have listed the problem customers so if you try to add one of those and then save you should see the error.

Regards
    Brett
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello Brett,

I have replied. I think it is something in your site security settings stopping the submissions of any data that contains:
    - all
    - ' (apostrophe)
  • Default avatar
    Zaldiar    
     4 years ago

Hi,

I have the same issue when saving changes, please help, I did not identify special chars in my users....!

Thanks for help !

Joomla 3.9.12 + Awocoupon 2.0.27 / php

Best regards 7.3.9

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Is that the free version of AwoCoupon?

If you send a private message with temp admin and ftp access, I can look at it.
  • Default avatar
    Zaldiar    
     4 years ago

Hello,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    Yes it's the first time I use it so I'm trying the free version at the moment.
    I sent requested credentials in private.
    Many thanks,
    Best regards
    Zal
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Thanks for the access.  After investigating, it seems to be a limitation by your hosting provider as the error is not coming from Joomla.  You are currently selecting about 300 users and when posting this, the size of the post is doubled as it posts both an id and name for each user, so there is about 600 post variables, and the server seems to stop this from being processed.  So please check with your hosting provider.

On another note if you want the coupon to be valid for all users, then you do not have to select any.  No users selected assumes the coupon is valid for all users.
  • Default avatar
    Zaldiar    
     4 years ago

Thanks for replying.
    I can't change this value on my host server, it's vers strange because can use every components on every sites I have.... And I can edit some page with high requests numbers (as lists).
    So what I whish is not to put all users but to exclude just a few of them. I explain : i made this "welcome" coupon" and I want it to be valid for all except those who still used it, how can I do that whitout adding a too high list which can generate this error.
    Perhaps you should :
     - add excluds users function is customers select input
    Thansk for help and this possible update

• Default avatar
    Zaldiar    
     4 years ago

....and what I don't understand on your response is why my server didn't encountered any error when I pinned my 300 users on first time ?
  • Default avatar
    Zaldiar    
     4 years ago

...ok i saw the function to allow 1 coupon use for each customer ;-)
    Ands finally my host add your component in a white list of security but it i stil a problem because I should ask this every time I use you component in a new site, not very useful and with the risk they don't permit it anymore at a time.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Thanks for replying.
    I can't change this value on my host server, it's vers strange because can use every components on every sites I have.... And I can edit some page with high requests numbers (as lists).
    It might not be the number of post vars but something within the post that the server does not like.

So what I whish is not to put all users but to exclude just a few of them. I explain : i made this "welcome" coupon" and I want it to be valid for all except those who still used it, how can I do that whitout adding a too high list which can generate this error.
    Perhaps you should :
     - add excluds users function is customers select input
    There is already an exclude option with the paid version of AwoCoupon

....and what I don't understand on your response is why my server didn't encountered any error when I pinned my 300 users on first time ?
    Really is a question for your hosting company I cannot answer this

...ok i saw the function to allow 1 coupon use for each customer ;-)
    Ands finally my host add your component in a white list of security but it i stil a problem because I should ask this every time I use you component in a new site, not very useful and with the risk they don't permit it anymore at a time.
    Are you saying you deleted all the selected customers from the coupon and still having the problem?  That would be extremely strange, and would seem the component is on some type of blacklist.

• Default avatar
    Zaldiar    
     4 years ago

HI,
    thanks for replying,
    best regards
    Zal