Error: 1054 Unknown column ‘coupon_code’ in ‘field list’ on check out (Hikashop)

• Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     4 years ago

We are getting reports of this error when visitors try to use a coupon on check out. The orders are not being confirmed in cases where the coupon covers the balance of the order, so I am assuming this error is the culprit.

Is this awo or do I need to open a thread over at Hikashop?

Running the latest of awocoupon/rewards and Hikashop is 4.20 on Joomla 3.9.10

Thanks!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Not really sure, if it is only happening for where the coupon covers the total cost of the cart, then it might be an issue of reordering the awocoupon plugin before the free order validation plugin:

• Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     4 years ago

Our installation has the Hikashop - Awocoupon plugin in position 6, with the Hikashop - Free Order plugin at 26, next to last in the hikashop type plugins.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Ok, so not the issue.  These are coupons coming from AwoCoupon?  Happy to take a look at it if you can send a private message with temp access.
  • Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     4 years ago

Okay, sent PM to you, thanks. Coupons are awo and so far only 100% seem to trigger the issue. Didn’t want to cross-post on Hika until I had more info to go on.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago  last edited 4 years ago

Thanks for the access.

There was definitely an issue.  If I went to admin > awocoupon > history of uses, I received the error:

1054 Unknown column 'uu.coupon_code' in 'field list' 

I believe this was an issue updating to the latest version 3.5.7.0, and the database updates did not take.  I went ahead and made the updates.  The history screen now loads fine and there should not be any more coupon_code error messages.
  • Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     4 years ago  last edited 4 years ago

I will have the user test it out right away. Regarding updates, I have not been able to use the Joomla updater to update the AWOcoupon or Rewards.
  • Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     4 years ago

Everything re 100% coupon is working!! Thank you!!