The coupon you entered is not valid

• Default avatar
    a2zcs    
     4 years ago

When checking out of Hikashop with a known (in history of uses/orders) valid coupon, I get this message "The coupon you entered is not valid" if I turn on Debug I get "No record, unpublished or expired"

The gift certificate is NOT showing up in History of Uses/Gift Certificates. Should it?

Please advise. what am I missing?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Hello,

It should only show up in history of uses > gift certificate if it is a gift certificate.  How is the coupon setup under awocoupon > coupons?
  • Default avatar
    a2zcs    
     4 years ago

Hi,
    They are all setup as Gift Certificates. There are no coupons on the system.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago

Is it possible to have a direct look?  If so please send a private message with temp admin access.
  • Default avatar
    a2zcs    
     3 years ago

Seyi,
    I can't seem to find how we fixed this problem before, but it is occurring again. I'm also trying to download the latest version of the AWOCoupon, but can't find where/how to do it on your site.

Please help,

matt
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 years ago  last edited 3 years ago

From my history this was the fix:

Little hard to explain....For the gift certificate function, AwoCoupon generates a coupon code to be sent to the customer. If for some reason it is not sent, the coupon code is delete from the database.  Since you have Market installed, the gift cert function was being called twice:
      - called first time, creates gift certificate and sends
    - called second time, no giftcert product found, so calls the clean up function, which still has remnants of the first call, so the first call gift certificate is deleted

I fixed it by making sure the data to delete is empty before calling the gift cert function on each call.
    You an get the latest version of AwoCoupon by going to this page: