error: No record, unpublished or expired

• Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

When a customer tries to use a gift certificate code the error "No record, unpublished or expired" shows up.

I've tryed with several purchased gift certificate codes but they all give this same error?

I'm using AwoCoupon on a Hikashop store.

Could you please help me to fix this problem?

Thanks for the support!

Best regards,

Frits

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Hello,

Not sure what the issue could be, possible to send a private message with temp admin access to have a look?
  • Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I've send you temp admin access via email.

Best regards,

Frits

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Thanks for the access.

I took a look, and you many template gift certificates and only one real gift certificate that is currently unpublished.  I am assuming the customer tried to use the unpublished gift certificate or a non existing gift certificate, which is why that error was received.
  • Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I don't exactly understand what you mean?

People can purchase gift certificates in the shop and they recieve them by mail, all that works fine. But when they want to use de gift certificate it doesn't work. In the backend I can see the purchased certificates and there code. There 3 3 certificates purchased, 2 by myself (as a test) and 1 by a customer. They all 3 don't work?

What should I change then, could you be more specific please.

Thanks!

Frits

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Go to admin > awocoupon > coupon list, and filter function type by 'gift certificate'

For a coupon to work it would have to be on that screen and published.  You have no published gift certificates on the coupon list, so they would not work.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

I assume the 2 by yourself you deleted, since the coupons do not exist anymore.  The one by the customer has been unpublished. If you publish it, it should work fine.
  • Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I'm sorry but I still can't get them to work.

What I did was (as you told) publish the gift certificates in the coupon list (see screendump)

They I tested with the 3 purchased certificates. I didn't delete the 2 certificates I purchased myself. But they still don't work.

The bottom 2 certificates (in history of uses - orders) are the ones I purchased myself. But I never used them in the shop to buy something.

The top one is from a customer.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for the support!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Cadeaubon... are just templates used by your gift certificate products.  When a gift certificate product is purchased Cadeaubon is copied.  So these should not be published, I have changed them back to templates.

I also went ahead and created a gift certificate order.  I received a gift certificate code which I successfully was able to use in another order in your shop.  The code f6uwzmSNj was originally published.  After using it fully, AwoCoupon automatically  unpublished it, since there is no value left in it.

I have noticed that gift certificate the customer purchased that was unpublished on the coupon list, X6zbY53cL, does not exist any more.  Did you or any one in your organization delete it?
  • Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

Thanks for changing back the gift certificates to templates.

As far as I know nobody deleted the coupon on the list from the customer.

One thing I don't understand is were I can see if a gift certificate is published or unpublished? And is there a way to renew the gift certificate for the customer so that he/she can use it in the shop?

Thanks!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

One thing I don't understand is were I can see if a gift certificate is published or unpublished? And is there a way to renew the gift certificate for the customer so that he/she can use it in the shop?

The coupon list: awocoupo > coupons > coupons
    If it is not on that list or not published or expired it will not work in the front end.

If a gift certificate has been used and you want to revert it back, then you would need to delete its usage.  For this go to
    awocoupon > history of uses > coupons
    Find the entry(s) where it was used and delete them.  This will put the value back on the gift certificate.
  • Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

Now I get it. I've tested it by buying a gift certificate in de shop and then using it to buy something else. It works fine!

Thanks a lot for your patience and support!

Best regards,

Frits

• Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I've updated the AwoCoupon component to version 3.5.6.7 and now when I try to add a new automatic discount it won't open the screen to fill in de coupon code.

Could this be a bug in the new version?

I only get to see this:

Ji30l3B.png

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

This may be a browse specific issue.

If you go to http::/demo.awocoupon.com'/administrator > automatic discount new screen, do you get the same issue?

If so, what browser are you using?  If not, try clearing your browser cache to see if that fixes it.

• Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

On the demo site it works fine, there I can add a new automatic discount (tested with Chrome). I'm using browser Google Chrome, but when I try it with Safari or Opera I have the same problem? I also cleared browser cache but still keep the issue.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Thanks for the access, issue fixed in the latest, 3.5.6.8.  Since I had access, I upgraded AwoCoupon, and it works fine now.
  • Default avatar
    frits9    
     5 years ago

Thanks again for the great support!