Gift Certificate remains at initial value after use

• Default avatar
    paypal4    
     10 years ago

Hi,

I've created a GC following the exact instructions on ths page: https://awodev.com/blog/sell-gift-certificates-online-your-virtuemart-store

Everything works fine, except that when the GC is used, the GC value remains the same.

For example:
    We sell a GC worth 100 euro. The price they pay for the GC is just 60 euro. So that's a good profit! When I buy the Hikashop product that's related to this GC, I pay 60 euro and I receive the e-mail with the GC image. The code itself and the AwoTracker Security code is embedded in the image. Then I go to another product in the shop and pay for it with the new GC. Let's say I have to pay 30 euro. I expect that after this transaction the remaining value of the GC is 100-30 = 70 euro.

After finishing the transaction, when I check the remaining value with AwoTracker, it still says that the remaining value is 100 euro. And when I try to order something new that costs for example 150 euro, it deducts 100 euro, leaving 50 euro to pay. And again after finishing this transaction too, the remaining value of the GC is again still 100 euro.

So it ACTS as if it's a normal coupon code with a value of 100 euro that can be used for ever.

Any help would be appreciated very much since we want to start an action with this GC's but we can't because of this error.

Kind regards,
    Maurice
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello Maurice,

With Hikashop, you have to make sure the plugins are ordered correctly. Read this for more information:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/gift-certificate-value-used-remains-0-after-use-correct-amount-not-dedu#comment-4559
  • Default avatar
    paypal4    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you, I've reordered the plugins so that the "HikaShop Free orders validation Plugin" is no. 15 in the list (last position possible) and Hikashop - AwoCoupon is no. 12.

Unfortunately did this make no difference.

Any other suggestions?

Maurice

Edit: Just moved 'Hikashop - AwoCoupon' plugin to the very first place in the order and now it works fine! Thank you for the suggestion.