A little help with Aworewards points (cashback setup)

• Default avatar
    peter10    
     5 years ago

Hi!

I, once more, could use a little help setting up AwoRewards, I'm still a little confused and not 100% certain about the terminology yet :D.

I want to give all my customers 10% cashback on all their purchases.

I have setup a rule that does this that seems to work fine. The customer receives Aworewards points as "Unclaimed" points after successful purchase. So far so good.

This must now be converted to Awocoupon Customer Balance, is that correct?

Is this done via cron? And I set it up via :

Backend / Aworewards / Configuration / Automatic Payment / Payment type - AwoCoupon Balance :

I want 1 point to reflect 1 in my currency, so I suppose these are my settings :

Block of points for exchange - leave blank

Points to Amount Ratio - 1

Minimum Payout Amount - 0

Once I hit save here... Will all unclaimed points then be converted to each customers balance? So customer can use it on their next purchase?

I had this working before, but turned off the cron while troubleshooting something... So now there is a lot of unclaimed points floating around in my store :D. I really wanted to make sure I do this right so I don't screw it up once I enable it :D.

Thank you seyi for your time and your awesome extensions!!! :)

Best regards

Peter

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Hello,

So cron has no effect when points are converted.  This is converted on the fly as long as you have set it up here:

Backend / Aworewards / Configuration / Automatic Payment / Payment type - AwoCoupon Balance :

And yes your setup looks fine.  Once you save this, unclaimed points will not automatically be converted.  But if you are using AwoRewards 3.x, you can manually force points to be changed.
     - go to AwoRewards > Users
    - order by unclaimed points in descending order
    - click the checkbox to select all users
    - under Bulk action, select 'Trigger Payout' and apply

• Default avatar
    peter10    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Perfect, thank you seyi! Seems to work as expected once I setup the Automatic Payment / Payment type!

However, I have a problem with a order that I canceled a few days ago, before I had the above setting in place.

The customer used all his points on that order, but wanted to make a new order. I canceled the current order, and now customer (obviously) wants his points refunded as well, so he can put it towards his new order. I don't know how to do this now? I had a look at the database, to maybe to it manually, but can't really figure it out there either.

What is the safest way to refund the customer his points at this stage?

Now, when the setting above is set, everything works, and the credit is refunded (for new test orders I mean). So for the future, this shouldn't be a problem!

Thank you again!

Best regards

Peter

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Great, glad it works well.

Go to AwoRewards > Credit History, click the 'Add points'.

• Default avatar
    peter10    
     5 years ago

That easy :). It worked great. Thank you!