VAT calculation

• Default avatar
    eif    
     5 years ago

The discount VAT calculation is nog correct. What do I need to change in the parameters?

De discount coupon is calculated after VAT. Look at the screen shot below. The product price is 97,50. Shipping costs are 6,95 euro. In total is that 104,45 euro. There is 21% VAT. Price excluding VAT is 86,32 euro. The VAT (BTW) as you can see is 18,13 euro. That is correct: 86,32 + 18,13 = 104,45

But when activating couponcode "test01" for 10 percent discount, the discount amount is correct, but the VAT calculation is incorrect. See the screenshot below.

10% of 97,50 euro is 9,75 euro as discount. That 9,75 is also including VAT. Total amount is 94,70 euro, including 21% VAT. The amount excluding VAT is 78,26 euro. (78,26 + 21% (=16,44) = 94,70) The VAT amount is 16,44 euro, but the calculation says it is 18,13 euro.
    That is incorrect. The customers pays less VAT. So we need to report less VAT to our local tax authorities.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

In awocoupon > configuration > general tab, do you have 'calculate the discount before tax' set to 'yes'?
  • Default avatar
    eif    
     5 years ago

Yes, strangly it doesn't make a differrence when switching the parameters. The calculation is exact the same.

• Default avatar
    stanislav    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

hello, this is stan from RuposTel.com, i would suggest that you contact me directly at our email. the most important question here is what is your vat configuration in Virtuemart, is it really set to "vat per product" or is it billtax or other config. are you using latest VM and OPC versions or are you using other version matrix? generally awo+opc+vm is only supported per the same old versions, which generally means that if you update any of them you must make sure to update all of them to have them at the same/similar "release dates"

BTW/VAT in your case maybe a result of OPC's "single line tax display" but you may consider enabling OPC's dynamic line displays so you can see actual values of the individual calculations (at OPC Taxes and Prices tab), so in case you have 2 vat rules they will show in 2 lines.

there is a reported issue with "billTax" on latest VM 3.4.2 which calculates it a bit differently. When using VAT tax, make sure the type of the calculation is set this way in VM.

other advises for proper VAT config:

- i suggest to create hidden categories for multiple VAT rates

- associate those categories to calculation rules + products so it's clear which product is associated to which tax

- make sure you use "use default rules" on every single product + shipping and payment method otherwise tax restrictions won't be used

we also distribute our "EU VAT and MOSS plugin" together with OPC which tries to calculate VAT for products the best possible way (taking into consideratin VAT number, 3rd countries, etc... )

please let me know at our email if i can help you with this.

best regards, stan, rupostel.com

• Default avatar
    eif    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

I am using the latest version available.

It seems that disabling 'show dynamic lines' fixed it. (and have 'show one tax line' enabled)
    In my example the VAT is 16,44 euro now, instead of 18,13 euro.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.