Update error from 2.5.9.5 to 3.5.6.4

• Default avatar
    wen127    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I've tried to update the AwoCoupon Pro from 2.5.9.5 to 3.5.6.4, and there are error msgs as follow:

Warning
    Duplicate column name 'coupon_value_def'

Error

Error installing component

The environment: Joomla 3.7.5 and VM 3.2.6.  (I also tried on Joomla 3.8.12 and VM3.4.0.9935)
    I tried to install v3.5.5.3 and v3.5.6.2, and it shows the same error msgs.

Do you know what causes the issue?

Thank you.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

The installer is determining your version to be AwoCoupon Free, I think.  In your database, do you have the table:

#__awocoupon_vm

If so, this is the issue.  If you rename or delete that table it should work.
  • Default avatar
    wen127    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

After I delete #_awocoupon_vm table and try to update AwoCoupon again, there still error msgs

Warning

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/kiwavmot/staging/1/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/liveupdate/
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/models/
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/tables/
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/views/
    Table '#__awocoupon' already exists

Error

Here is a screenshot of the tables left in my database:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/3655894/1c545f6f03d9c1196fa794822dd0ae8b

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Not sure, think you need to try and manually update it.  Open the zip file copy:

admin/ > /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/
    language/admin/ > /administrator/langage/
    language/site/ > /language/
    media/ > /media/com_awocoupon/
    site/ > /components/com_awocoupon/
    awocoupon_j3.xml > /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/
    install.awocoupon.php > /administrator/components/com_awocoupon/

Then load awocoupon dashboard.  It should automatically update the db from that screen.  That should do it.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

And you can delete all the #__awocoupon_vm tables, that is for the free version.
  • Default avatar
    wen127    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I have deleted all #_awocoupon_vm tables in the database, and manually updated AwoCoupon followed your instruction.

But it looks like it didn't automatically update the database as expected.
    Now I can see the Awocoupon user interface, and configuration, installation check, subscription, about panel are work as it should.

However, the dashboard, coupon... etc panels are showing loading icon forever.

I checked the consol panel and there's 500 error msg:

GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_awocoupon&tmpl=component&no_html=1&ajax=yes&type=admin&view=dashboard&urlx=%2Fadministrator%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_awocoupon%23%2Fawocoupon%2F&cache=23180849 500

In the meantime, I also update the AwoReward and it runs perfectly.  
    AwoReward updated successfully, and it automatically updated the database when I go to rules panel.

Thank you for your kindly support.

• Default avatar
    wen127    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

I download the latest AwoCoupon 3.5.6.5 and try to install again, the error msg:

Warning

Table '#__store_st1.#__awocoupon_vm' doesn't exist

Error

which #_awocoupon_vm should be for free version but appear in warning msg, is this right?

p.s. Before try to install this one, I have manually installed the AwoCoupon  3.5.6.4 first.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Is it possible to send a private message with temp admin/ftp access to have a look?
  • Default avatar
    wen127    
     5 years ago

Sure, I've sent you the message.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Thanks for the access.  The db has been updated now.
  • Default avatar
    wen127    
     5 years ago

Thank you, Seyi! You're amazing.

Could you tell me the solution progress? I'll need to that again on the live site.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

In awocoupon_j3.xml, change the version to what you are upgrading from, 2.5.9.5, then refresh the dashboard, AwoCoupon should then run the mysql queries.  Then change awocoupon_j3.xml version back to 3.5.6.4.