Question about "Coupon to Copy" on AwoRewards

• Default avatar
    aikaterini    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Hello

I am trying to set a reward for my clients with AwoRewards. Here is the usecase...

Created a Virtuemart Coupon, tested it and it is working fine.

Now i need to create a AwoRewards  ORDER rule. I fill all the fields, select...

Credit Type: Coupon - System
    Coupon to Copy: What do i have to write in this field? I tried  "Coupon Code", "id" but i always get "Coupon to Copy: enter a valid value".

Even if i leave this field blank (it is not mandatory field), i get the same error.

in a few words... what your documentation page ( https://awodev.com/documentation/aworewards/administration/rules#doctab11 ) says...
    "
    Coupon to Copy (Option)
    Select a coupon created in your shopping cart coupon system that will be used as a template to generate the coupon code of the reward.
    "
    always returns... " Coupon to Copy: enter a valid value "

Can you please advise?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

It is expecting the name of the coupon code you created in virtuemart.  So lets say you called it "code_for_order".  If you start typing "code", then a dropdown will and you can select it from the dropdown. It needs at least 3 characters before the dropdown appears.
  • Default avatar
    aikaterini    
     5 years ago

First of all forgive me for being so late to reply, but some personal reasons kept me away.

Well... The Coupon Code of Virtuemart is for example... AAAA.

Now... nothing of the above you mentioned happens when selecting
    Credit Type: Coupon System

I have sent the admin credentials of my site by PM in case you need to check.

Thank you in advance.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Thanks for the access.  Took a look and see you are using Awocoupon free.  AwoCoupon Free takes over the coupon system of Virtuemart, so coupons made in virtuemart would not work anyway.  AwoRewards is looking for coupons created in AwoCoupon Free.

I created a test rule, unpublished of course, to show it is working.  In the coupon field, if you enter "cou", a coupon list will show.
  • Default avatar
    aikaterini    
     5 years ago

Yes... seems we are getting closer now! Thank you.

I created a test order and everything went fine! Coupon Code created, mail sent and seemed it was working.

But...

I tried to make another test order to see if the new created coupon works. I enter the coupon code i received by mail and click on rendeem. On the top of my cart i get the message that the discount coupon was added succesfully, but the prices do not change. The total price of the ordered product remains the same. No discount.

Am i missing something?

Thank you.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Ok, it was an issue with the coupon being copied.  The discount type was set to 'specific' but you selected no specific products/categories the coupon should apply to, so it applied to none.  I have updated the coupon discount type to 'overall', so it works for every product.  It works now.

One other note, I see you have number of uses per customer set.  In the free version, you would have to be logged in for the coupon to work, as it works based on username.  In the pro version, this is not the case, as it works based on the email address used in the order.

• Default avatar
    aikaterini    
     5 years ago

Ok... i downloaded the AWO coupon pro version and try to figure out how...

to make a coupon created by Client A to be available only for Client A. Nobody else!

What we need is...
    when someone buys something, he gets a coupon that can be used ONLY BY HIM and ONLY ONE TIME.
    Possible? If yes... how?

Thank you!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Ok, took a look.  i created a new rule.  First in AwoCoupon I created
     - coupon template (which can be copied)
     - email template ( the email the customer will receive)
    Then in the new rule, I attached both the coupon template and the email template.

When the coupon is generated
     - if the user is logged in, the coupon will automatically be set to be only used by that user_id
     - and since the number of uses total is set to 1, the coupon can only be used once

• Default avatar
    aikaterini    
     5 years ago

Well... thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately no coupon is generated anymore since the ! Please help.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Just had a look and all the rules are unpublished.  Is this the issue?
  • Default avatar
    aikaterini    
     5 years ago

No.
    I unpublished the rules because they do not work!

When an order is being made, no coupon is created and the customer receives no mail with the coupon code! (last test order i made was XYSK040). No coupon was created!!! Of course no coupon was sent by mail.

Right now rule that you created is published.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Thanks for the access.  I had a look and it seems there is some old data within AwoRewards credit table.  For example, I created an order, order_id 40, but looking in the AwoRewards table, there is already a reward for order_id 40.  When I deleted that row within AwoRewards credit, then order was correctly credited.