Buy X Get Y Throwing Error Message

• Default avatar
    rcointrigue    
     5 years ago

I am using Version: 2.5.8.2 pro

Here are the values i have entered: https://tinyurl.com/yaecjpm5

I have checked the tutorials and everything seems to be set up properly. I get this error "selfie17: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"

Sometimes the free product is added to the cart but the error message still appears. Can you please help out with this?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Hello,

By default AwoCoupon is case sensitive.  In the image, the coupon is in all caps.  Did you enter the coupon in all caps, or disable the case sensitivity?
  • Default avatar
    rcointrigue    
     5 years ago

Yes the coupon on the front end is entered in all caps when testing. It seems to add the free product to the cart, but the error message also appears instead of successful message. Error message is "Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

So the coupon is working?  Are you using vp onepage checkout?
  • Default avatar
    rcointrigue    
     5 years ago

Yes, the functionality appears to be working, but it is not showing success message after it adds the free product to the cart. It is throwing the red error message. Also we are not using VP Onepage Checkout.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Ok, is this a virtuemart site?  Are you using any checkout extensions?
  • Default avatar
    rcointrigue    
     5 years ago

We are using Eshop.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

I just realized you are using a very old version, well over a year old.  Unfortunately this is not supported any more.  I suggest you upgrade, likely whatever issue you are facing is probably already fixed.  I did test this coupon using the latest, and could not produce the error.