Fields not showing

• Default avatar
    parr39    
     10 years ago

I looked around and could not find anything in the documentation or the forums regarding this so hopefully I'm not asking a dumb question. When try to follow along in the "Configuring a coupon" section of the documentation I get as far as new coupon. When I click on new coupon it open a new page with a "coupon details" panel, but there is only one field on the panel, "Function Type". At first I thought that once an option was selected other options would become available, but this is not the case. I select an option from "Function Type" and nothing else shows up. If I try and save it tells me that I am missing several required fields. A quick inspection of the source shows that there are other fields there, but they are all hidden. I have tried several different browsers (Chrome, IE9, Firefox) all to the same effect. Given that I can't create a coupon or gift certificate (the primary function of this component) I'm currently at a loss. If there is some other way to do this in Hikashop that overrides the primary Awo component please let me know, but I was unable to find a way to do it there either.

Some info:

Joomla! 3.1.1
    HikaShop Business 2.1.3
    AwoCoupon Pro 2.1.9
    Hikashop - AwoCoupon Plugin: Published
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

I have the same specs, Joomla 3.1.1, Hikashop 2.1.3, and AwoCoupon 2.1.9 on a test server, and I do not have any problems with adding a new coupon code.

I would tell you to clear your browser cache, might be loading an old javascript file, but that does not seem to be the case. This is a new install correct?

In chrome, try right clicking the page, click 'inspect element' and then go to the console tab to see the javascript error.

My guess is there is some plugin installed and enabled that probably loads some javascript that is causing errors with awocoupon.

If you would like me to take a look at it, please send me a private message with temporary admin access and I can.
  • Default avatar
    parr39    
     10 years ago

Sorry it took so long to get back. Thank you for your quick response. Here are the errors that are showing in the console log:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined jquery.min.js:2
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined jquery.ui.autocomplete.ext.js:13
    2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined awocoupon.js:24
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Is it possible to get temporary admin access to have a look? Please send a private message if so.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Thanks for the access. I think I found the problem. It is some core javascript files conflicting with some AwoCoupon javascript files. Here is a fix to this problem, you will need ftp access to your web server;

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/awocouponView.php, around line 25 is this:
    <?php
        $document
    ->addScript(JURI::root(true).'/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/assets/js/awocoupon.js?219');
    ?>

Right after that add this
    <?php
        $undesirables 
    = array('jquery.ui.core.js','jquery.ui.core.min.js','jquery.ui.sortable.js','jquery.ui.sortable.min.js');
        foreach(
    $document->_scripts as $key=>$script) {

$basename strtolower(basename($key));
            if(
    in_array($basename,$undesirables)) unset($document->_scripts[$key]);
        }
    ?>

I believe that should fix the problem. This will be fixed in the next update.
  • Default avatar
    parr39    
     10 years ago

Awsome! Worked great. Thanks so much for your quick responses (even though I too longer to get back). It's great to work with someone who supports their product. I will defiantly recommend AWO.
  • Default avatar
    pearsony    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi, we seem to be experiencing a similar issue. The coupon code entry area is not showing up in the cart to apply the coupon code. Joomla 2.5.11 and Awocoupon v 2.0.5
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

This forum is about a backend problem, while yours seems to be front end. What shopping cart are you using? Have you enabled coupon usage within the shopping cart configuration?