Registration error

• Default avatar
    peter75    
     5 years ago

Hello support

I have noticed on my site with the Aworewards system on:

• the new registration discount coupon is generated and recorded on the backend
    • the front end however shows error 'Error submiting registration form. Check console log for more details.'
    • the site registration is in functional order once Awowards is off

Your assistance on this is much appreciated.

Best regards

En Jie

En Jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Would need more information:

- what version of Aworeward are you running
    - if using awocoupon, what version
    - how did you setup the rule

• Default avatar
    peter75    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi

I have sent you the login details of our staging site through your email. (Sorry, I was not sure which of the two, forum or email is a better way to get some support. It is rather urgent - our customers need to be able to register.

- what version of Aworeward are you running
    Res: 2.3.3 (Happy to update if needed)
    - if using awocoupon, what version
    Res: I am only using VM coupon
    - how did you setup the rule
    Res: Please see our staging site as credentials sent through the email.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

En Jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Hello,

It is a jmailhelper issue, which is fixed in the latest version.  Please upgrade.
  • Default avatar
    peter75    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi

I believe the issue is fixed now by updating.

My next questions are:

1/ registration error is obviously a serious issue for any website. How will I know in the future that similar errors in the crucial areas have occurred? Eg, any warning system? It seems to me that first it was with our licence - the system stopped working due to your licence update without us being aware of it; then there was the issue with registration, it took us quite sometime to noticed the issue and then figured out that it was caused by the plugin being out of date. We do not update all plugins and extensions wherever there is an update for various reasons, but will definitely do so if any of the crucial functions are affected.

2/ there are now two versions of Aworewards on our site side by side. How would I be able to uninstalled the previous version?

best regards

En Jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Hello,
    1.  The issue with registration happened likely because you updated Joomla and did not update AwoRewards.  If you keep AwoRewards up to date, nothing like that would happen.  There is a plugin written by rupostel that will email you if there is a fatal error on your site.  This would have caught this, and any other fatal errors you experience on the site:
    https://www.rupostel.com/utilities-for-joomla/extensions/fatal-catcher-plugin

2. Not really sure, how did that happen?  What I would do is backup all AwoRewards tables, or just all tables in the database.  Then uninstall both versions of AwoRewards, install the current version, and then go back into the db, delete the aworewards tables and replace them with the backups.

• Default avatar
    peter75    
     5 years ago

Hello Seyi

I know this thread is quite old and I am not even sure if the current issues is related:

Our registration coupon rule now is working, but suddenly stopped forwarding coupon codes to VM for record. When customers used the coupon codes generated, they return with error message 'Invalid coupon: used, expired or no record.':

• I understand our licence is current
    • the Rule Expiration set for new registration is 'never'
    • the coupon system was working and stopped by itself suddenly

Your assistance on this would be much appreciated.

regards

En Jie

'

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago