AwoRewards suddenly stopped forwarding coupon code to Virtuemart

• Default avatar
    peter75    
     5 years ago

Hello Support

I have posted this support request to this thread (https://awodev.com/forum/other-applications/aworewards/registration-error)

more than 2 days ago and have not yet received a reply. I suspect the thread is too old, therefore posting it here again.

We have our new registration reward discount coupon (10%) setup and it was working fine. It however suddenly stopped forwarding coupon codes to VM for record/validation. When customers used the coupon codes generated, they receive error message 'Invalid coupon: used, expired or no record.':

• I understand our licence is current
    • the Rule Expiration set for new registration is 'never'
    • the coupon system was working and stopped by itself suddenly

Your assistance on what may have caused this would be much appreciated.

regards

En Jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Apologies, just missed the other post.

In the rule setup, is the credit coupon system or coupon awocoupon?  And the coupon to copy or coupon template is set?

• Default avatar
    peter75    

Hi Seyi

Thank you for the reply:

Q: In the rule setup, is the credit coupon system or coupon awocoupon?

A: it is setup as a coupon system

Q: And the coupon to copy or coupon template is set?

A: Yes 'register10%' in VM, with with the 'expiry date' as never.

Will send the login details of our stating site (which has the same setting as live site ) to you through email.

Best regards

En Jie

Hello Seyi

Further to my previous response, I noticed:

1. Those coupons I thought that were not sent to VM for validation have appeared in VM, but days later (not sure how much delay) as the customer waited for quite sometime, sent me an email, I had to generated a VM coupon for him before the AWO coupon was recorded and validated. The 'Delay in days' is blank.
    2. there has been no coupon generated for our latest registered customer in AwoRewards

I have sent you the login details of our staging site through an email.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

En jie

Hi Seyi

Further update (sorry, should have done this earlier):

I have now updated both Joomla and AwoRewards to the latest. It appears the coupons now are being generated and forwarded. I will monitor the situation and update if there are any further issues.

Thanks for the support

Best regards

En jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    

Ok, great, glad it is working.

For your information, for registration rules, the only time that the reward is not rewarded at the point of registration is when there is an extra step to activating the account during registration, either by admin or through email validation.  In this case, AwoRewards will use cron to monitor and see if the user account has become active, and when it finds it is so, triggers the reward. 

So just make sure cron for AwoRewards is running also.
  • Default avatar
    peter75    
     5 years ago

Hi Seyi

Thank you very much for the info:

1. our 'new user account activation' is configured to 'none' - account is activated one registered
    2. 'So just make sure cron for AwoRewards is running also' - where to check this. (I checked the plugin and was not able to find a such plugin)

Best regards

En Jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

In aworewards > configuration > cron tab, you should see when the last time poor man's cron was run.  If you prefer, you can disable the poor man's cron, and then add the cron link into your cron tab on your server.