Gift Certificate - Rebate on bill insteand of products

• Default avatar
    m.morel    
     10 years ago

Hi,

I would like the Gift Certificate to apply on the bill total, instead of the products themselves. Is it possible?

Here is a scenario currently happening :

Product Total : 39.99
    Shipping : 9.99
    Tax Total : 7.48

(user enters a 250$ gift code) : AWO calculates a 49.98 coupon.

Coupon : (49.98)
    Grand Total : 7.48 <--- amount user has to pay

** What I want:

Product Total : 39.99
    Shipping : 9.99
    Tax Total : 7.48

(user enters a 250$ gift code) : AWO calculates a 57.46 coupon.

Coupon : (57.46)
    Grand Total : 0 <--- user has to pay (nothing)

Basically, I want the gift certificate to apply on the grand total, regardless of products, tax, shipping...
  • Default avatar
    m.morel    
     10 years ago

I forgot to specifiy I am using AWOCoupon 2.1.9 on Joomla 2.5.8 and Virtuemart 2.0.12f.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

By default a gift certificate will discount the shipping costs, unless you specify it does not. Can you have a look at the coupon template you are referring to? Is the function type a gift certificate?
  • Default avatar
    m.morel    
     10 years ago

My scenario does in fact reduce the shipping costs, it is only missing the taxes (both product and shipping). Basically, the coupon is not considering the taxes. In my virtuemart, it is setup with "TaxPerBill"

The function type assigned to my demo code is "Gift Certificate". I don't have any template as it is a coupon (gift certificate type I issued myself, not through selling in the shop.

I was able to modify the code to achieve my desired result.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Good to hear you got it fixed. What did you change?
  • Default avatar
    m.morel    
     10 years ago

It is not really a good fix as it is a very dirty hack, very tailored to my needs.

Basically, I modified the "process_coupon_return" function in administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php to add en extra rebate for the tax value, if any amount is left available on the gift certificate.