• Default avatar
    mile2    
     6 years ago

Thank you for this! It's working
  • Default avatar
    Webkul    
     5 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

One of our potential clients is looking for some custom works related to our Virtuemart Abandoned cart and your AWO coupon in terms of compatibility, then my client shares this link where the discussion was going related to our abandoned cart and what is the logic of adding discount coupon in our abandoned cart.

So I would like to explain what is logic of that since Webkul is a product based company so we develop products means a set of logical solution to meet our clients need. Similarly in case of the abandoned cart as well, if  Virtuemart abandoned cart only inform store of the admin that these are abandoned carts of different buyers, that is not enough solution because now for store admin the question would be how  to convert those potential buyers into actual buyer, that is why we have introduced discount coupon system so that admin can encourage those buyers to complete their incomplete purchase.

I hope now it is clear to all that why we have added a discount option in the Virtuemart abandoned cart. Now as far as compatibility issue there are different companies provide 3rd party Virtuemart coupon like AWO coupon which is although most popular, but it is practically not feasible to make our abandoned cart compatibility with any 3rd party coupon that is why we are open for customization also we never insist any buyer to go for customization that is why we provide Virtuemart default coupon feature to generate coupon.

Also, I would like to inform you that  VirtueMart coupons system doesn't allow user/email or any other restrictions on a coupon. This is the reason we have to take over to current user cart, as might have been done in AWO coupons.

In addition to this, the solution mentioned above related to compatibility,

<?php

public function ____DISABLED____onAfterDispatch() { 
        function ____DISABLED____plgVmValidateCouponCode($_code,$_billTotal) { 
        function ____DISABLED____plgVmRemoveCoupon($_code,$_force) { 
        function ____DISABLED____plgVmCouponInUse($_code) { 
        function ____DISABLED____plgVmCouponHandler($_code, & $_cartData, & $_cartPrices) {
    ?>

Will not actually work why??

Because The solution given in this forum will disable coupon functionality from the abandoned cart extension.

Though the abandon cart functionality remains existing, so it is advised to verify once what changes are being done in the extension.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Hello Webkul,

Honestly, it still does not make sense to me why you have to take over the coupon system, rather than just use it. 

Third party extensions are a big part of Virtuemart and I do not think it is unreasonable to work with them, especially if the issue keeps coming up. I am constantly sending users to this post.  The functions you took over are functions added for 3rd party extensions to provide a coupon system for Virtuemart, but you are not really using it that way, its just taken over and forcing users to use Virtuemart coupon.  So you really should work to make sure you do not disturb coupon functionality of a system.  I work with 3rd party developers all the time to make sure we are all in sync and provide a great user experience for customers, although I have the same policy as you.  You are right it is not feasible to work with all third party extensions, but you can certainly make exceptions.

In any case if you would like to provide a solution for customers please send me a private message, and we can get the ball rolling.

• Default avatar
    Webkul    
     5 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Please find our words, first of all, I would like to inform you that we have given some additional functionalities in our coupon system like coupon will be applicable if only cart values remain same, quantities remain same, products remain same, and the user remains same. Some of these features are similar to your AWO coupon, and so you can understand why there is need to take over the coupon system.

So, instead of any further discussion, I would like to tell you that we have been working to make our Virtuemart abandoned cart compatible with your AWO coupon so that users can use it comfortably.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     5 years ago

Thank you.  Let me know if you have any questions about AwoCoupon.
  • Default avatar
    Webkul    
     5 years ago

Sure, we are working on it, will let you know if in case we need some suggestion.