How to process orders free 100% off coupon

• Default avatar
    chris09    
     6 years ago

Hi there,

I have a issue trying to get a coupon code or gift certificate for 100% off my products prices - This is so that our PR company can order products for free, and in turn we get an admin email and the VM inventory updates itself!!

The problem is that PayPal and my merchant 2Checkout cannot process £0.00 or negative amounts....So I need a method to processes orders for free £0.00 without going through the payment process?

Any advise is welcome.

Awocoupon 2.5.8.2
    VirtueMart 3.2.4
    Joomla! 3.8.1
    PHP Version 5.6.32
    Modify message

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

With Virtuemart, you create a payment method:
    - type standard
    - set order status to confirmed
    - maximum order total to 0.001
    - Name it free order or something

It should only show when the order total is 0.

And for the other payment methods, you can set
    - minimum order total to 0.01

That way they do not show when the order total is 0.
  • Default avatar
    chris09    
     6 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thank you for answering my query so quickly it was much appreciated!!

Although I don't have it working 100% right your guide/advise was perfect.

One issue I have though, is that when I set the minimum order total to 0.01 on my credit card payments it still does not disappear? Any ideas 

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

if you set minimum order total to 0.01 and the order is over that total, your credit card payment methods do not appear?  That would be an issue with the payment method you are using.  If it is commercial, you should have the developer look at it.
  • Default avatar
    craig6    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

I'm having similar issue. I have specified my payment options to have a minimum value of 0.01. Now when coupon is added and results in 0.00 total those payment options cannot be used. But they remain visible unless I manually refresh the browser display. Can AwoCoupon be configured to do a page refresh when adding a coupon code?
    resolved. I was able to force a refresh in my One Page Checkout plugin.