Gift Certificate issues

• Default avatar
    LER_PM    
     6 years ago

Hello,

We have AWO 2.5.5 pro, Joomla 3.8.2, VirtueMart  3.2.4 and I have followed the directions for creating a product / gift certificate. Set up a gift certificate template in the coupon menu, modified the profile for the gift certificate output, created a gift certificate product in VirtueMart, followed the gift certificate product creation steps and purchased gift certificates on our test site. I have also created a custom field in VirtueMart for the recipient email.

I see the purchases I make in VirtueMart under Orders and get a paypal email saying that the purchase is complete. My credit card does get charged but I have not had any success with generating a gift certificate code or getting an email sent to the purchasing individual or myself when purchasing any of my gift certificate VM products.

I have been able to "Send a Voucher" under the tools menu and did get the email to send properly with the profile that I modified. This created a code and sent the email with a nice looking gift certificate.

Could I get a little help with getting the automated gift card purchase to perform as intended? I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Also, there seems to be one field which is missing from the documentation: Under Gift Certificate - Product there is a field called Price Calculation Type. What should this be set to if you are trying to make a purchasable gift certificate?

Warmly,
    Steve

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

In awocoupon->configuration->gift certificate tab, there is an order status selection, what is that set to, and has the order in question entered the selected order status?

Price calculation type:
      - template: a template is copied and the resulting coupon given to the customer
     -  base price: a template is copied and the value of the resulting coupon is altered to the base price of product purchased
     - base price + tax: same as base price but including tax in the value calculation

• Default avatar
    LER_PM    
     6 years ago

Hi Thank you for the reply,

Order status is set to Confirmed and the order is confirmed in VirtueMart.

Thank you for the clarification on the price calculation type.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

ok, not sure then.  You can try turning on debug in awocoupon->configuration->gift certificate, then run another test.  And once the order is confirmed, check the output in the debug section.