Mass import coupons with parent child relations

• Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I'm working on importing about 400 coupons for a client. About 320 of them are still active coupon codes that require free shipping. I created a sample coupon that works with 1 child coupon type and 1 shipping type and 1 parent that includes these 2 as children. Manually creating them makes sense.

So I created a report and exported to excel. I notices that on the parent record row that column 'U' has the children ID's comma delimitated. How would I know what the internal ID is for the parent?

Scenario:
    I need to create 320 coupons that are one time use.
    I need to create 320 shipping coupons with 100% discount (free shipping)
    I need both of the above to be activated from an already published coupon code, "The parent".

Some how I need to create the first 640 coupons in batch then batch assign the parent since the children need to exist before the parent can take them in.

So for example, I have a coupons published 3 months ago, T11-121208-003. My thought was to create T11-121208-003-G for the one-time use coupon (kind of a gift certificate) then create T11-121208-003-S for the shipping then apply the parent.

I can do this in batches one batch of 320 for the G's and another batch of 320 for S's, but how do I assign parent if the import data requires column 'U' to be the children internal ID's comma delimitated? while Column 'AI' is the actual coupon codes 'T11-5065-12301-S,T11-5065-12301-G'?

Am I missing something here? I would have thought that the import operation would have looked at Column 'AI' and retrieved the internal ID's for column 'U'. You know allowing an external key to be used to set association like the known coupon code.

Any direction woud be great.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi Mike,

You can create 1 coupon code with a discount, 1 free shipping coupon code, and do not put any usage restrictions on them.

In the 320 parent coupons, attach the 1 discount and shipping coupon and set the usage limit on the parent.
  • Default avatar
    mbrando    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I had to break this up in pieces keeping track of the internal ID for Column U. Using just the one shipping coupon was a good idea. So they are all imported.

Thanks, Mike