Questions about gift certificates

• Default avatar
    aftertaf    
     6 years ago

Hi,

Some questions i'd like to have cleared up if possible...

1. When I generate new codes based on a gift certificate template, these codes will not be 'allocated' to someone if they buy a new gift certificate on the webshop (duh... but just want to be sure ;) )?
    2. When generating new codes in the same context as 1., the code generated doesn't match the Gift Certificate Code > Coupon Code > Prefix/suffix sections. Any way around that ?
    3. I'm generating new codes so that my wife can print out the code onto a physical card if she sells it in the physical shop - as there is no link between AwoCouponPro & POSForWebshops then we need to take manual action each time to log what has been bought...
      All I have to do is locate the purchased Coupon Code and manually set its end date to 1 year from date of sale ? (we want to have then valid 1 year from purchase...)

Thanks for your time and your great product (that i'm still getting my head around ;) )

David

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,
    1. that is correct
    2. the configuration for gift certificates is really for gift certificates purchased.  But you can hack the code if you like.  In the file
    www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/plgautogenerate.php, around line 44 is this:
    <?php

if(empty($coupon_code)) $coupon_code awoLibrary::generate_coupon_code($estore);
    ?>

Change it to this:
    <?php

if(empty($coupon_code)) {
                if($crow->function_type=='giftcert'$coupon_code awoLibrary::generate_coupon_code($estore,'my_prefix','my_suffix');
                else $coupon_code awoLibrary::generate_coupon_code($estore);
            }
    ?>

Where 'my_prefix' and 'my_suffix' are the actual prefix and suffix to use.

3.  So the question is how to set the coupon code to be valid for 1 year after sale?  If so, then yes, you would manually set the end date if selling at a physical store.

• Default avatar
    aftertaf    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

perfect all around ! thanks
    for point 2), would it be possible to make this a configuration option ?

I try to avoid hacking core files as i'll lose it on upgrades..

might be generally useful for others..

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

That option is specifically for gift certificates generated when purchasing a gift certificate.  Would have to add a new configuration option for general automatic coupon generating.  Will add it to the list of things to look at.