Default parent/referrer

• Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     6 years ago

Is there a way to define a default referrar/parent (e.g. site owner) for those conversions/orders which are not referred by another user but e.g. coming directly from google or other source?

This would help to keep the system consistent and all comissions/rewards allways have some referrer.

How can I setup this?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Unfortunately this feature does not exist.
  • Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Could you point us to the file/place where this would be need to code into, then I can ask someone to add this. Thanks

What would be the quote for such a custom code adaption?

I guess all it needs is assingning a default affiliate id to any orders without referrer, right?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago
    +1

Hello,

The code where it currently checks for affiliate can be found here:
    www/administrator/components/com_aworewards/helpers/estore/estorerewardshandler.php, function processRegistration
  • Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Great! Thanks, thats kind.
    This will facilitate to pass to someone to implement this.
    Hello Sevi,
    Just for understanding of the concept of AWO so we can inplement this default referrar the easiest way, could you pls clarify about how AWO is triggered?

You pointed us to the piece of code but your programmer seems to have a dificultiy to understand when this is treggered in order to best implement the default parent.

I assume the easiest way to implment is on every user registration, right? But is there a function which is triggered on user registration to check if there is already some friend referral and where we can add default if this is not the case?

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any pointing to the direction of how to best implement the default parent, thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

Yes, the plugin aworewards - user is triggered on registration, which calls that specific code.  I believe it is the file:
    www/plugins/user/aworewards/aworewards.php
  • Default avatar
    bernhard4    
     6 years ago

Is it triggered when there is specific thing in URL while registration or it is triggered in a normal user registration as well?

Thanks and king regards
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

The plugin code is triggered every time there is a registration, no exceptions.