Buy category X get Y product problems

• Default avatar
    john71    
     11 years ago

I want to give a free product Y automaticaly if someone orders at least 149 euro in category X

But:
    You have to put in the couponcode yourself
    It triggers when the total amount is above 149 on all categories
    If you delete something from the shopcart the free product Y is not deleted
    You can change the number of free gifts :-)
    It should give one free product above 149 euro but it gives two

Configuration:
    Buy X get Y
    Perc
    100%
    first

Minimum amount specifiek 149.00
    Automaticaly ad to the cart

Buy X
    Number: 1
    Categorie AGE smart

Get Y
    Number: 1
    Product AGE smart kit

Any idea?
    Kind regards, John

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I just wrote a solution for this problem, please see this post:
    https://awodev.com/forum/awocoupon/help-section/buy-x-get-y-specific-v-overall#comment-4509
  • Default avatar
    john71    
     11 years ago

Hello,

This solution is almost good

1. If I don't give in: maximum amount discount, it automaticaly ads 2 free gifts and not 1
    2. It does not autmatically ad the free gift. It is selected...

Regards, John

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

If you want to limit the number of discounts the customer can receive, then you can set the 'Maximum qty discount'. Otherwise, for every x product the customer puts in the cart, they will be entitled to the same number of product y's. I really do not understand what you mean by number 2. Maybe you can re-explain.
  • Default avatar
    john71    
     11 years ago

I try explain,

I set the following:

When a customer buys a minimum of €149,- form category X then they get one free Y!

To get € 149,- it is possible that this is one product over € 149,- or more products which are cheaper. In case of more products it has still to be one free Y (for every € 149,-)

I hope you understand

And it is not automatically put in the shoppingbag
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Set 'Maximum Discount Qty' to 1, this will limit the discounting to 1 product.

If the product is not added to the shopping cart automatically, then one of 2 reasons
    - 'Automatically add to cart 'Get Y' product' is not checked
    - The product it is trying to add has required attributes, which means the user has to make a selection before being added
  • Default avatar
    john71    
     11 years ago

Thank you for your fast replay.

I set it to 1 product

Can you explain:
    - The product it is trying to add has required attributes, which means the user has to make a selection before being added

Do you mean product X or Y? And what kind of selection. It are just plain products. Nothing special...

Kind Regards, John
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

I am referring to the "Get Y" products, which are the only products that should be added to the cart automatically if enabled within the coupon. For example, the product is a t-shirt, and the customer needs to select the size, small, medium, or large.

Also if stock is enabled and product is out of stock, then it will not be added.
  • Default avatar
    john71    
     11 years ago

Rrrrrrrr.......it is almost perfect

Only the automatically does not work.

It is enabled. It is just a simple product.
    No choice has to be made.
    I think stock is not enabled (can not exactly find it where to disable, VM2.0.18a. I enabled in configuration > shop frontend > if article is not in stock, it can be ordered, no special requirements). Despite this I entered also a stock of 20 pieces. Does not make any difference...

Any idea?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

No, not really, can you send a link to the "get y" product? You can use private message if you prefer. Also I want to see how you set up the buy x get y product, maybe you could send a link the the screen shot of it also.