Points to Amount Ratio

• Default avatar
    eliot6    
     6 years ago

Hi Seyi,

We use GBP on our site. We want 1 point to equal 1 pence ... 100 points will equal 1GBP.

So we have entered 100 in the 'Points to Amount Ratio', under Automatic Payout.

We offer 5% of order total rule with credit type = points, i.e. 5 points (5 pence) for every 1 GBP spent.

However when the user looks at their balance using the 'AwoRewards Points' module they see the monetary value i.e. they spent 12.00 GBP and they have 1.2 points. I want the user to see 120 points. Do we just need to modify the template override everywhere points are displayed to get the points to show as an Integer as opposed to currency ? or do we need to do something else?

regards

Eliot

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Yes, to be upgrade proof, you should modify the templates where the points show.
  • Default avatar
    eliot6    
     6 years ago

So to summarise the points display is really the monetary value of the points?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Well using your example, 1.2 points converts to 0.012 in money.  So I guess it is the way you look at it and they way you have set it up.  The points are a different entity from what it actually converts to.  If you had set points to amount ratio to 0.5 for example, then 1.2 points would convert to 1.2/0.5 = $2.40