Partial usage of Coupon due to Number of Uses equal to 1

• Default avatar
    eliot6    
     6 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I have setup the AWO Rewards configuration to allow coupon payout (request) when users redeem their points.

I have set the template coupon to only allow one usage per customer, which is correct, as I don't want them using a coupon more than once.

The problem I have is that if the order total is less than the value of the redeemed points then the customer effectively 'loses' the difference.

Is there a way to work round this?

thanks

Eliot

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

So there are 2 options here:
    1. the way you have it setup where the customer can only use the coupon once.  if the coupon was not fully used then the loose whatever is left
    2. For this you will need AwoCoupon pro if you do not already  have it.  Set up the coupon template as a gift certificate.  in this case, the customer can use up all the credit on the coupon.  But in this scenario the customer can use the coupon as many times as it takes to finish the balance.

• Default avatar
    eliot6    
     6 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I have AwoCoupon Pro. 

For option 2) where can the user see the balance of their gift certificate?

Hope you can help

regards

Eliot

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

If they have used the gift certificate at least once, then within their account.  You can create a menu item for it or go directly to this link:

index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=coupons

• Default avatar
    eliot6    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I found where to show it in AwoCoupons Configuration -> Gift Certificate balance,

regards

Eliot

Hi Seyi,

VM3.0.18 / Joomla 3.6.5

So i have changed to using Gift Certificates instead of Coupons so customer can use more than once.

For my first test of partial usage I created a customer and assigned 1000 points, which I then redeemed for a 10GBP gift certificate. I then used half of this paying for an order. Next I assigned them another 1000 points and redeemed them for another 10GBP gift certificate. The Balance now showed 14.60GBP. Next to the Balance was the text 'Apply' to apply this balance to the items in the cart. On applying the Balance to the order I see 'Gift Certificate' in the cart for the order amount (in this case 10.20GBP), and the order total reduced to zero.

Finally I click 'Confirm Purchase' ... however it comes back with 'Invalid data entered'  and the Gift Certificate is removed. Also 'Apply' has gone.

If I logout and log back in the same happens.

Hope you can advise.

regards

Eliot

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

Is there a way I can test this directly?  You can send me a private message with how to.