Cannot get FREE shipping coupon to work

• Default avatar
    david29    
     6 years ago

Hello Seyi,

I am testing a coupon I created for FREE shipping but it does not work.
    I want to offer our "FREE shipping" to any user who buys 'product x'. As long as 'product x' is in their cart, they will get FREE shipping which is a shipping rate that is already setup in eshop.

So I setup as you said:
    • Value > Percent > 100
    • Shipping > Specific > "Free shipping above 59€`' (my free shipping option).
    • Product > Product > 'product x'
    • Country > Country > Germany (offer only available to people within Germany).

However when I add the coupon in checkout, it says it is not valid. Any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

From documentation about the discount type:

Options (Shipping)
    Overall: The shipping discount is given if any of the products from the product list are in the cart. If no product is selected, then it is assumed all the products are valid
    Specific: The shipping discount is given if all the products in the cart are also in the coupon's product list.

So I think you want to set the discount type to overall.

Also you can go to awocoupon->configuration->error messages, click the debug button and save.  Then when trying the coupon again in the front end, you will get a better idea why it did not work.
  • Default avatar
    david29    
     6 years ago  last edited 6 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I tried what you said and the debugging was helpful. I now got the coupon to be accepted, but when I pass through checkout I am still being charged for shipping (even though the coupon was accepted). Is this because I put the coupon code in before I reached the shipping section in checkout? You can enter the coupon either from your cart before you pass through checkout, or in checkout.

BR

I think that is the problem. As it is a shipping code, it has to be entered in checkout (once you pass through shipping stage)... anyhow, I am testing at the moment and will find out soon...
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     6 years ago

Hello,

It should not matter when you enter the coupon.  If you have not selected shipping, it will still be accepted, and when shipping is selected it will either be applied or removed from the cart.

It might be some of your other restrictions stopping the coupon from being selected before shipping method is added.
  • Default avatar
    david29    
     6 years ago

I got it to work once then it stopped working, and I could not work out why. As it is just a short promotion, we will just refund customers shipping after they have made purchase. When I have more time I will find out what I was doing wrong!