Unable to offer a coupon code for 100% off an order

• Default avatar
    superman    
     9 months ago

We've had this feature in our Joomla 3.x site for years but in upgrading to Joomla 4.3.3 we now have a problem.  The J3 site detects the coupon and for Payment Method it says "Coupon Code Used" (because the AWO Coupon payment plugin kicks in).  On the J4 site it says "We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order."

If I create an additional payment plugin in VM called "No Payment Required" and set the parameters as outlined in the AWO Coupon Payment plugin, then that payment options shows in the user cart... but when I select it I get the VM "hourglass" progress bar and then the radio-button unchecks itself.

Please help.  Thank you.
    Joomla 4.3.3
    VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 months ago

Hello,

The AwoCoupon payment plugin is not for free orders.  For free orders setup a payment method as such:

- Name: No payment required
    - Payment method: VMPayment - Standard
    - Maximum amount: 0.001

That is all you need.
  • Default avatar
    superman    
     9 months ago

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah that payment method has also been configured and migrated from our old site... however VM won't let me select the option for "No payment required"... so it's not possible to use a 100% off coupon.  Any ideas?  I've tried disabling all overrides and relevant plugins, etc... but still the same problem.

You can reproduce by going to the test site at the URL below and adding that product to the cart then using the coupon code AWO100TEST .

https://www.sfrankelgroup.com/new/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&Itemid=71&virtuemart_product_id=189&virtuemart_category_id=62

Thanks!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     9 months ago

Possible to send me a private message with temp admin access to have a look around?
  • Default avatar
    superman    
     9 months ago  last edited 9 months ago

No problem.