Coupon marked as used on pending and cancelled orders

• Default avatar
    comenaranjas    
     7 years ago

Hi

This is a very old issue I've been fighting against for years. For some time it seems it was solved in VM.

I changed from using default VM system to AwoCoupon starter for now thinking this didnt happen.

Basicly the gift coupon gets used always after creating the order even on pending or cancelled orders.

This causes shop owners to have to manually create coupons or add points to the users that lost a coupon that they never used.

This was solved in VM for some time as mentioned and there is an option there to "delete coupons on order status:"

but seems to get ignored.

Is this a VM bug or does it work in AWO Pro?

As you know we use AwoRewards and AwoCoupon starter.

Regards

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

In the pro version, in configuration, you can set the order status when a coupon usage is processed.  And setting the optiont to any other status(es) apart from order creation would fix the issue.
  • Default avatar
    comenaranjas    
     7 years ago

Hi Seyi if solution is to buy AWO Coupon Pro version that is fine for us, but we wanna make sure it works cause we will buy it only for that purpose, we are super happy with AwoRewards and is the main component we will use.

Regards

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

As you said, this is a very old issue with virtuemart, and I brought it up here:
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120972

I do not see why it would not work with your site as long as processing is not set to order creation.
  • Default avatar
    comenaranjas    
     7 years ago  last edited 7 years ago

Yes I know, that is me in the VM forum talking with you 3 years ago. This are my settings in VM:

With that setting one asumes that "confimed" and only "confirmed" will delete the coupon but pending deletes it too, and any other order status.

That setting doesn't even work if you try a custom created order status and

this causes that customers can use the coupon again and again.

2 - With Awocoupon starter things are better since the coupons work fine an get deleted correctly. Problem is they get deleted in every case.

I understand VM bugs are not your matter.

So my last chance here is AwoCoupon Pro.

Regards

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Yes, correct, cant really say about Virtuemart coupons, but I can assure you this works well with AwoCoupon coupons.