seasonal coupons that recur

• Default avatar
    george0    
     7 years ago

Is there a way to set the coupons seasonally so that they turn on and off automatically at predefined dates each year?  For example, we want to do an annual mothers day coupon, valentines day coupon, thanksgiving black friday coupon, etc.  This way we set it up so that they turn on and off automatically instead of manually.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no feature for that.   You could create coupons with start/expiration dates which will automatically work for each season.

• Default avatar
    george0    
     7 years ago

I'm not sure I'm following you.  Are you just saying to make them for each season but then each year I'd have to go in and amend the year to the new year?

When having a complex combination of seasonal and various in-between customer campaigns, it's frequently important to not have overlapping coupons remain in force as they end up being saved on sites like retailmenot.  As well some seasonal coupons require more aggressiveness than others so we wouldn't want to have those lingering to be found during times of the year it isn't necessary to be so aggressive with couponing.

I think this would be a valuable addition - similar to the advanced module manager where modules can be turned on and off seasonally regardless of year.  Combining that extension with awocoupon pro having a seasonal coupon would allow us to set it and forget it by having module promotions appear on our home page seasonally on specific date rages with corresponding awocoupons turning on and then off when it rotates to the next.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

There is no feature for this, but you could get it working with a little manual work, by creating a parent coupon.  Here is an example:

Coupon A: discount where you set valid date as 2016-12-01 to 2016-12-31
    Coupon B: discount where you set valid date as 2017-12-01 to 2017-12-31
    Coupon C: discount where you set valid date as 2018-12-01 to 2018-12-31
    Coupon Parent: Parent coupon where you add coupons A, B, C, .... and set process type as all that apply

Then you can use Coupon Parent as the seasonal coupon

• Default avatar
    george0    
     7 years ago

If I'm understanding you correctly, this would allow me to put in successive years at one time, but would still ultimately require me to set my calendar for the point in time where the last successive year expires and I would need to then go in and reset everything again, correct?  In other words it too would have an end date based on the last date range I set up as you show in the example.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Yes, that is correct. It is not a perfect solution, but it will keep you from having to worry about it for say the next 10 years or so.