Simple Bulk Discount - Buy 3 or more and get 10% off

• Default avatar
    robert24    
     11 years ago

Hi,

I just purchased AWO Coupon Pro for a project, and I'm having trouble setting up a simple bulk discount. My client wants to offer a "buy 3 or more and get a 10% bulk discount" offer.

I created a coupon with these settings:
    Function Type: Coupon
    Coupon Code: 10percentbulk
    Published
    Percent or Amount: Percent
    Discount Type: Overall
    Value Definition: 3-10;
    Asset Pane> Type: Manufacture> DreamScenes Blinds ("Include" radio button is selected)
    Our store has only one manufacture, so we want this discount to apply to all products in the store.
    Everything else is at default

I see there is now a "Discount" column in our shopping cart after installing AWO, but no discount is ever placed on orders of three or more. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here's the development URL: http://184.173.199.247/~darnblin/

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

Did you use the coupon code 10percentbulk? From the sound of it you want it to apply automatically. If that is so, you should add it to automatic coupons section:
    https://awodev.com/blog/create-automatic-discount-awocoupon-pro
  • Default avatar
    robert24    
     11 years ago

Thanks that was it! Now the final price reflects the discount, but is there anyway to indicate that in the cart?

For example, I see there is now a column labeled "Discount" in my cart, but nothing is displayed there. I was hoping it would reflect the name of the coupon or something to tell the customer why the total at the bottom of the page is less that at the top total.

For example, my cart has a top line that reads:
    Name SKU Price Quantity Discount Total
    Product name 1234 $259.00 3 $777.00

And then at the bottom of the cart page I have a total of $699.00

So the discount is being included, however there is no indicator to inform the customer of that. They just have to wonder why there is a different total. Is there a way to show this? Thanks again for your help.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

By default, the discount should show in the coupon code line. Right under the textbox where you enter the coupon code, you should see the coupon code or the word (discount) and across from it the actual discount given. If you are using a custom theme, try switching to the virtuemart defaul template just to verify that the discount line shows up.

Just looked at your site, I think the problem is you do not have coupons enabled within Virtuemart. In the backend, go to components->virtuemart->configuration, shopfront tab and check the box for 'enable coupon usage'.
  • Default avatar
    robert24    
     11 years ago

Thank you! It now shows the discount line. Thanks for all your help. Great component!

Last question, I promise. Is there anyway to show a descriptive name for the discount on the discount line, like "10% Bulk Discount"? Possibly showing the Admin Note field text or something like that. Thank you again for the excellent support. I'll be sure to give a great review on the Joomla Extensions Directory. Thank you!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

You could by customizing the code. Here is a solution. Note, you will have problems if you also have Virtuemart coupons enabled within awocoupon->configuration

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php, around line 1935 is this:
    <?php
        $coupon_codes_noauto
    [] = $auto_coupon_code != $r[1]['coupon_code'] ? $r[1]['coupon_code'] : '('.JText::_('COM_AWOCOUPON_CP_DISCOUNT_AUTO').')';
    ?>

change it to this:

<?php
        $coupon_codes_noauto
    [] =$r[0]->note;
    ?>

and towards the beginning around line 297, change this:
    <?php
        $sql 
    'SELECT id,coupon_code,.....
    ?>

to this