Database optimization: reducing size and necessity of stored data in Table awocoupon_history

• Default avatar
    yaniv2    
     2 months ago

Hi,

I've noticed that the table 'awocoupon_history' has become very heavy. Despite having only 80,000 rows, the total size of the table is 5.2 GiB! Upon inspection, I found that the 'details' column contains all the data related to orders and products, including descriptions and more. Is this extensive data necessary? My products have lengthy descriptions, which might be contributing to the table's excessive size.

Is there a solution to this issue? Additionally, I'm curious about the purpose of storing all this data. Would deleting the data in the column cause any problems?

Thanks
    yaniv
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     2 months ago

Hello,

No deleting that data is not an issue.  the data is mostly used to debug if there is a discount that is not given, and in some special plugins, customizations for sites.

You can also go to admin > awocoupon > configuration > triggers tab, and set a value for "Delete coupon history detail x days after entry", to keep the data down.
  • Default avatar
    yaniv2    
     2 months ago

Ok Thanks