Multiple errors while migrating from Joomla 3.6.12 to 4.4 using AwoCoupon 4.0.0.8

• Default avatar
    niko88    
     3 months ago

Hi there,
    I am currently migrating a Joomla 3.6.12 to 4.4. After getting AwoCoupon 4.0.0.8, I tried installing it, overwriting the old extension.

The first time, I encountered a
    Table "j25_awocoupon_asset" does not existI in my DB, there are only tables `j25_awocoupon_asset1` and `j25_awocoupon_asset2`.

Directly trying the installation once more raises

Joomla\Filesystem\File::delete: Failed deleting inaccessible file awocoupon.php
    which I consider is a side-effect of the first installation not being able to get completed.

Can you give me some hints about this?
    Regards,
    Niko
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 months ago

Hello,

Did you make a backup of the awocoupon tables before updating?  I assume you are updating a joomla 4 site right?  And what was the previous version you were updating from?

I think the best approach would probably be to
    - install a fresh copy of awocoupon on the joomla 4 site
    - delete all the awocoupon tables created
    - add the old awocoupon tables
    - load the awocoupon dashboard page, which should automatically upgrade the tables
  • Default avatar
    niko88    
     3 months ago

Hi,
    the previously used version was 2.5.9.2 pro having date 2017-10-13. Will try the approach you suggested as soon as I can spare the time.

Yes, there is a backup available and I am trying to update AwoCoupon after migrating to Joomla 4.4 due to API incompatibilities (e.g. due to
    0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication::isAdmin()
    /is/htdocs/dir/test/plugins/vmcoupon/awocoupon/awocoupon.php:19)

Regards,
    Niko
  • Default avatar
    niko88    
     3 months ago  last edited 3 months ago

Uninstalling 4.0.0.8 raises

Failed opening required '/is/htdocs/wp1032956_QMIEPZRBDQ/test/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helper/awocoupon.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php8.2')

Call stack
    #     Function     Location
    1     ()     JROOT/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/install.awocoupon.php:51
    2     awocouponInstall->__construct()     JROOT/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/install.awocoupon.php:34
    3     com_awocouponInstallerScript->uninstall()      
    4     call_user_func_array()     JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/LegacyInstallerScript.php:158
    5     Joomla\CMS\Installer\LegacyInstallerScript->__call()     JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/LegacyInstallerScript.php:187
    6     Joomla\CMS\Installer\LegacyInstallerScript->callOnScript()     JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/LegacyInstallerScript.php:83
    7     Joomla\CMS\Installer\LegacyInstallerScript->uninstall()     JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/InstallerAdapter.php:1080
    8     Joomla\CMS\Installer\InstallerAdapter->triggerManifestScript()     JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/InstallerAdapter.php:1182
    9     Joomla\CMS\Installer\InstallerAdapter->uninstall()     JROOT/libraries/src/Installer/Installer.php:873
    10     Joomla\CMS\Installer\Installer->uninstall()     JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Model/ManageModel.php:263
    11     Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\Model\ManageModel->remove()     JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Controller/ManageController.php:120
    12     Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\Controller\ManageController->remove()     JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:693
    13     Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()     JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
    14     Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()     JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
    15     Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()     JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
    16     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()     JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
    17     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()     JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
    18     Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()     JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
    19     require_once()     JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

UPDATE seems that there are already files missing. I will restart from scratch and let you know about the results.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     3 months ago

niko88 @ Jan 4, 2024, 9:12:55 AM
    the previously used version was 2.5.9.2 pro having date 2017-10-13. Will try the approach you suggested as soon as I can spare the time.

Hmm, not sure the upgrade will work directly to 4.x.  I think you should first update to the latest 3.x version on a joomla 3 site before upgrading to 4.x
  • Default avatar
    niko88    
     3 months ago

That upgrade path did the trick, thanks!