VM Coupon use conflicts with TaxCloud sales tax display

• Default avatar
    swyant@deltatrak.com    
     7 years ago

I installed AwoCoupon in Virtuemart 3.0.18 and set up a $25 off discount for a specific product. When I added the coupon code for the product on the checkout page, the tax calculation using the VM TaxCloud plugin disappeared.

I noted there was a similar problem with Hikashop and AwoCoupon + Taxcloud: 100% off shippin coupon interfering with TaxCloud plugin

The TaxCloud plugin is a 3rd party plugin for VM. Let me know if you need access to the plugin, and how I can send it to you.

Thanks,
    Steve Wyant
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,
    '
    In admin go to this url:

index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=config&vmx=1

Once there, you should see the option 'Use inject mode'.  Set this to yes and try it again.
  • Default avatar
    swyant@deltatrak.com    
     7 years ago

Looks like the config option is only available in the Pro version. We installed the free version to test before buying the pro version.

Is there a way to edit a config file directly in the free version?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hi, the free version does not have the feature, so no config to edit.

But will take a look at it if you send me the extension.  I believe I sent you a private message.

• Default avatar
    swyant@deltatrak.com    
     4 years ago

Looks like an incompatibility between TaxCloud and AWOCoupons Pro is back. When checking out, and the shipping address triggers tax collection in TaxCloud, the site totally breaks (displays random characters like black diamonds with question marks in them, and other weird random characters). Disabling AWOCoupons Pro fixes it. This only happens when shipping to an address that collects tax. Non-tax shipping addresses work fine.

As I recall last time (2017) you and GJC Web Design had to collaborate on a fix to your respective extensions.

Details:
    Joomla 3.9.10
    VM: 3.4.2
    AWO Coupon: 3.5.7.0
    TaxCloud: 3.2.01
    PHP: 7.3

Let me know if I can provide any additional details, logins, etc.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     4 years ago  last edited 4 years ago

Should be fixed.  In the end, updated the taxcloud.php file from the following code:

<?php
    </div>        print '<style type="text/css">
                        .cartid-group {
                            display:none;
                        }
                    </style>'
    ;
    ?>

To
    <?php

static $is_css_already_added false;
            if ( ! $is_css_already_added ) {
                $is_css_already_added true;
                JFactory::getDocument()->addStyleDeclaration'.cartid-group {display:none;}#onepage_main_div #cartid_div,#onepage_main_div #cartid_input {display:none;}' );
            }
    ?>