Registration coupon not working

• Default avatar
    peter75    
     7 years ago  last edited 7 years ago

Hello Support

I have got registration coupon set up on my site & I believe it was working until recently I have been reported by customers that they got a 'coupon not found' error message when trying to use the coupons.

I can see from the back end that the coupons are generated and appearing in the 'credit history', but when I tired to use these coupons at checkout, there is an error of 'Coupon code not found. Please try again.'

(I also noticed when I tried to update the component, it says my licence is expired which is not the case. Although I do not know if this has anything to do with above error.)

Your support on this is much appreciated. 

Hello Seyi

I am a bit confused here. I found this post that has your reply: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136167.0 (by the way, I tried the to use the original 'coupon to copy' in VM and it did not work either.)

I filtered the 'vmcoupon' in plugin as suggested in the post and all I got were 'vmcoupon-aworewards' and 'vmcoupon-awocoupon'. Should I unpublished these (or one of them)??

regards

En Jie 

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago  last edited 5 years ago

Hello,

For the license expired error, just make sure your license and local key match what is in your account here:
    https://awodev.com/me/subscriptions

Do not disable the awocoupon and aworewards plugins under vmcoupon.  It must be something else.

In admin go to AwoCopon->configuration->error messages and click the debug button and save.  Then try the coupon again in the front end to see why it is failing.
  • Default avatar
    peter75    
     7 years ago

Hello Seyi

The error message is 'test: No record, unpublished or expired', while the coupon code is there with 'never' as expiration date.

Happy to send you our testing site admin credentials if it helps. (please provide a private email address)

regards

En Jie

regards

En Jie

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Just click the envelope next to my name to send me a private message.