Coupon code condition : exclude child product

• Default avatar
    luc450    
     7 years ago

Hi,

I have a simple question about a weird behavior.

I have some coupon configured to give 100% discount for the firdt product of a certain category in the cart. Everything id working fine, exept that the coupon aslo work for child product that are not in the same category.

For exemple.

I have Product 1 in Category A

I have Product 2 in Category B 

Product 2 is a child of Product 1

Th coupon is set to be valid only if a product from Category A is in the cart. But right now, the coupon is valid for Product 2 too, even if it is not in category A. My guess is it's because Product 2 is a child of Product 1 which is in Category A.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks in advance!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Yes, that is the behavior, the coupon is valid on child products also.  You can disable this globally by going to awocoupon->configuration, and in the url adding &advanced=1 so it looks like this:

index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=config&advanced=1

Then going to the advanced tab and disabling it.
  • Default avatar
    luc450    
     7 years ago

Great! Thanks for reply,

I found the option and I disabled it, but unfortunatly, it dosen't seem to change anything. :(

Child products are still discounted.

Any idea?

Thanks again!

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Just to be sure, you set 'Exclude children products from discount' to 'Yes'?

• Default avatar
    luc450    
     7 years ago

Yes, that's right.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Then there must be something else going on, because I just tested it and it is working fine for me.  Not really sure, would have to look directly at your setup, unless you want to send a bunch of screen shots.  Is it possible to send temp admin access via private message?
  • Default avatar
    luc450    
     7 years ago

Hi,

I just sent you admin access in private message.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. : I know that the site is not totaly up to date (but close). It is in plan to update everything soon, in case you need to know.

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Thanks for the access.  Ok, I see the problem, upgrading AwoCoupon would not fix it.  It works if you selected an actual product in the coupon.  But if you select a category it still checks the child products.  Here is the fix, need to update a file through ftp:

in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/virtuemart/couponhandler.php around line 750 is this:

<?php
    </p><p>        $sql 'SELECT virtuemart_category_id AS category_id,virtuemart_product_id AS product_id
                      FROM #__virtuemart_product_categories
                     WHERE virtuemart_product_id IN ('
    .$ids.')';
            $db->setQuery($sql);
            $tmp1 $db->loadObjectList();
    ?>

Right after that add this:

<?php

if($this->params->get('disable_coupon_product_children'0) == 1) return $tmp1;
    ?>

That should fix the problem.

• Default avatar
    luc450    
     7 years ago

Hi,

Sorry fot the delay,

I tested it and it works!

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Have a nice day.