BUGS: Gift Certificate Profiles

• Default avatar
    allen1    
     7 years ago  last edited 7 years ago

Hi,

I have two issues with gift certificate profiles:

1. I have successfully created and tested sell-able gift certificate vouchers. However, I found that if I select "BCC Admin" or "CC Purchaser", the action cannot be later reversed. If I go back you a profile where I previous selected to BCC or CC, clear the selection, and then re-save, the BCC and CC sections persist.

I was using JCE Editor, so I tried changing my default editor to Tinymce since I know that JCE conflicts with some other components. Once I changed to Tinymce, I found that I could no longer edit and save a profile at all! The "save" does not do anything, even though "cancel" does.

I had to recreate the profile from scratch with JCE editor enabled as my editor. I then deleted the old profile. I reconfigured the AWO product to use the new template.

2. I do not want to send an image, but I would like to have a special PDF that a purchasing customer can forward as instructions for the intended end-user of the gift certificate/voucher. I enabled pdf in the profile, leaving the pdf name as "attachment". I provided text in the pdf, and saved all to the profile.

The PDF is not sent or attached to the profile email.

- Allen

Am using:

Joomla 3.6.4

AWO Pro 2.5.3

Virtuemart 3.0.18

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

1.  Yes can produce this issue with bcc and cc.  Here is the fix:
    in www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/models/profile.php around line 203 is this:

<?php

if(empty($data['bcc_admin'])) $data['bcc_admin'] = null;
            if(empty($data['cc_purchaser'])) $data['cc_purchaser'] = null;
    ?>

set the nulls to 0, like this:

<?php

if(empty($data['bcc_admin'])) $data['bcc_admin'] = 0;
            if(empty($data['cc_purchaser'])) $data['cc_purchaser'] = 0;
    ?>

That should fix. 

For the editor, that is strange.  I was testing another account about an hour ago and had the exact opposite behavior.  With jce enabled, I received errors.  With tinymce enabled, everything worked.  Also testing this locally, I am not getting any errors with tinymce.

2.  Have not seen any issues with pdf recently.  Did you enter your text in the body of the pdf, not the header?  If the body is blank, it will not attach.

• Default avatar
    allen1    
     7 years ago

Your recommended php modification fixed the first issue.

However, I still cannot get a pdf to be emailed for the gift certificate. The email text works, but no pdf gets attached. Text is configured in the PDF Header (what is this?), the PDF body, and The PDF footer (What is this?).

PDF is set to active. Still no pdf.

Another issue I am having is with Gift certificate balance reporting. The AWO coupon discount module reports a gift certificate along with discount coupons available to the user, but only if the gift certificate was a dynamically-generated sell-able gift certificate. the coupon module properly reports available balance of a purchased gift certificate, but this information is only available to the purchaser - not necessarily to the redeemer.

The gift certificate module reports $0.00 available, no matter how much is available. Stan at OPC integrated the gift certificate balance module in my cart page. It always reports $0.00. Even after I use a gift certificate with a test user and purchase successfully, it still shows available balance as $0.00 for that same user when I try to have the user purchase again with remaining credit. The transaction will process successfully if sufficient credit is actually available, but the AWO Gift Certificate balance module always incorrectly reports available balance as $0.00.

When I try to verify usage through the back-end, the test customers successful usage of the gift certificates is not recorded or displayed.

It appears that gift certificates are really messed up in AWO. Maybe we should take this to a live skype session and get it figured out?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago  last edited 7 years ago

Hello

However, I still cannot get a pdf to be emailed for the gift certificate. The email text works, but no pdf gets attached. Text is configured in the PDF Header (what is this?), the PDF body, and The PDF footer (What is this?).

PDF is set to active. Still no pdf.

PDF header and footer is the text that appears on every page in the header and footer sections.  Not really sure what is happening with pdf so would need to look at the profile, can you send a private message with temp admin access?

Another issue I am having is with Gift certificate balance reporting. The AWO coupon discount module reports a gift certificate along with discount coupons available to the user, but only if the gift certificate was a dynamically-generated sell-able gift certificate. the coupon module properly reports available balance of a purchased gift certificate, but this information is only available to the purchaser - not necessarily to the redeemer.

So the purchaser of the gift certificate initially has access to view the balance of the gift certificate in awocoupon component.  As soon as it is used, the user of that gift certificate then has access to view the balance, and the purchaser looses access.  But if you have the remainder going directly to the balance, then it would not show under coupons, it would only then show as an entry in the balance page:

index.php?option=com_awocoupon&view=giftcerts

The gift certificate module reports $0.00 available, no matter how much is available. Stan at OPC integrated the gift certificate balance module in my cart page. It always reports $0.00. Even after I use a gift certificate with a test user and purchase successfully, it still shows available balance as $0.00 for that same user when I try to have the user purchase again with remaining credit. The transaction will process successfully if sufficient credit is actually available, but the AWO Gift Certificate balance module always incorrectly reports available balance as $0.00.

So if I understand correctly you have gift certificate balance enabled and the option to add the remaining balance of a gift certificate used to the customer balance.  And when using a gift certificate for a logged in user, after confirming the order, the remaining gift certificate balance does not show in the awocoupon balance module?  I tested this locally with and without OPC enabled and in both cases it worked fine.  I am wondering if there is some caching issue.  If you log out and log back in, does the balance show correctly?

When I try to verify usage through the back-end, the test customers successful usage of the gift certificates is not recorded or displayed.

Where are you looking?  In AwoCoupon -> History -> Coupon?  If it is not logged, then the previous issue .with the gift certificate balance in the module not updating is definitely because of cache.  In that case, have to figure out why usage is not being logged.  Does it happen with opc disabled?  Happy to look directly at it if you can also send ftp access.