Can't uninstall fully AwoCoupon after upgrade to Joomla 3.6.2

• Default avatar
    InfluentialSoftware    
     7 years ago

Hi, I am testing a whole site upgrade from Joomla 2.5 to 3.6.2. Before the upgrade, I installed AwoCoupon Pro 2.5.0
    After the upgrade, there was some incompatibility message ref 2.5.0 so I try to uninstall then reinstall. I an now left with two items under Extension Manager which won't uninstall:

Warning
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/devvm/public_html/administrator/components/com_awocoupon
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/devvm/public_html/components/com_awocoupon
    Component Uninstall: Can't uninstall. Please remove manually.
    JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/devvm/public_html/modules/mod_awocoupon_balance
    Module Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.
    Error uninstalling module.

How can I get rid of the component and module so that I can try to reinstall AwoCoupon fresh? Thanks.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Looks like the folders are already deleted but you should verify through ftp.

I believe you will need to access the database, probably through phpmyadmin and find the table:
    #__extensions

Then run the code:
    select * from v_extensions where element like '%awocoupon%';

This should give you a list of all the installed components/modules/plugins in association with AwoCoupon. I would start by deleting the row where element is com_awocoupon and see if that fixes things.

• Default avatar
    InfluentialSoftware    
     7 years ago  last edited 7 years ago

OK thanks, will give it a go. Regards

I deleted the row for AwoCoupon and for AwoCoupon Balance. I then used ACL Manager to fix Orphan Assets. I then re-installed 2.5.0 and get the following:
    Warning
    Duplicate entry '1-en-GB' for key 'elem_id' SQL=INSERT INTO #__awocoupon_lang_text (elem_id,lang,text) VALUES (1,"en-GB","Ordered Gift Certificate(s)");
    Error
    Error installing component
    Your advice will be gratefully received. Thanks

and I note in the database, there are still tables from _awocoupon to _awocoupon_voucher_customer_code - 19 in all.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

if you want a full clean install you can delete all the awocoupon tables, everything that starts with _awocoupon.
  • Default avatar
    InfluentialSoftware    
     7 years ago

OK thanks - that seems to have worked. Installation successful. Many thanks