Parent Coupon DOESN'T WORK

• Default avatar
    eureka2    
     7 years ago

Hi, i have joomla 2.5 and i'm trying to do a Parent Coupon joining 2 different coupon XBIKE25: the first coupon with the BRAND (XBIKE25SECONDO) and the second coupon with 3 different CATEGORIES (XBIKE25PRIMO) but when i add a product that has ONLY one requirement, this take a discount. I want give a discount only If both requirements are met. coupon.jpg
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago  last edited 7 years ago

Hello,

Did you set process type to 'Only if all apply'?

Hello,

Thanks for the access. Had a look and found out that in configuration you have 'Apply only one discount per product' set to yes.

The example you gave with the 2 products are both discounted in XBIKE25PRIMO, so the second coupon, XBIKE25SECONDO, is never run. And so since you have it set to if only all apply, then it does not work. To test, I reordered the coupons in the parent coupon as such:

- XBIKE25SECONDO
    - XBIKE25PRIMO

With the example products you gave me this works.

• Default avatar
    eureka2    
     7 years ago

i'm sorry but it doesn't work because if i add a product that have ONLY ONE requirement (example the category or the brand), it give me another discount. it's not right

you can try
    http://www.motusport.it/vendita-online/bici/abbigliamento-ciclismo/salopette-e-pantaloni/x-bionic/salopette-x-bionic-biking-man-twyce-bib-long-endurance-o100594

that have a right discount because has both requirements
    and
    http://www.motusport.it/vendita-online/bici/abbigliamento-ciclismo/salopette-e-pantaloni/zoot/completo-da-ciclismo-zoot-ltd

has only one requirement but it will be discount.

so it doesn't work
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

In AwoCoupon -> configuration, uncheck the box 'Apply only one discount per product'.
  • Default avatar
    eureka2    
     7 years ago

i did it but it doesn't work! the second product that has only one requirement, take a discount. please see the link http://www.motusport.it/problem/wrong.png

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago  last edited 7 years ago

Hello,

This product:
    MAGLIA X-BIONIC BIKING LADY TWYCE SHIRT LONG FULL ZIP O100591

Is also in this category:
    Maglie, giacche e gilet

And so it is correctly being discounted 12%

• Default avatar
    eureka2    
     7 years ago

yes, it's not the problem this product but the other product

http://www.motusport.it/vendita-online/bici/abbigliamento-ciclismo/salopette-e-pantaloni/zoot/completo-da-ciclismo-zoot-ltd

that has the right category but not the right brand (right brand is X BIONIC and not ZOOT) and the software give the discount!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Each product does not need to satisfy both coupons. Your cart as a whole has to satisfy both coupons. And if that happens then the discounts are applied.
  • Default avatar
    eureka2    
     7 years ago

i think that you don't understand. I want that works properly ONLY the parent coupon XBIKE25, not the 2 component XBIKE25SECONDO, XBIKE25PRIMO. is it possible? because even if it does not work, the parent coupon It's useless
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

You are right, I do not understand. Your parent coupon is a combination of the other 2 coupons. If you are trying to say for each product in the cart it has to be in a specific category and specific brand, then no, this would not work in a parent coupon. In that case, the only thing you could do is create a hidden category and add the specific products that his coupons should work for in that category then create a coupon for that specific category.
  • Default avatar
    eureka2    
     7 years ago

then the component is not very useful, it's not possible the override of the discount of the virtuemart and the parent coupon doesn't work
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

- parent coupon doesn't work
    => of course it does, but I think you have a misunderstanding of how the parent coupon works and are trying to use it in a way it was not built

- it's not possible the override of the discount of the virtuemart
    => no it is not, but you can excluded a discounted product from being discounted in AwoCoupon by checking the appropriate boxes:
    - excluded discounted products
    - excluded products on special