Buy multiple items coupon help

• Default avatar
    andy15    
     7 years ago

VM3
    Joomla 3.5
    AWO Coupon Pro 2.4.3

Hi Seyi,

Long time since I got in touch, hope all is well with you & your family ;)

In Virtuemart I have a category full of T Shirts that are either £10 or £15

I want to set up some sort of automated coupon, so that if my customers buy 3 of the £10 T's they get £5 off &/Or if they buy 3 of the £15 T's they get £10 off.

Can I set this up using Buy X Get Y?
    Maybe by add all the £10 T's manually in the buy X & Also add them all in the get Y.
    Set the Qty in Buy X to 2 & the Qty in Get Y to 1 & have the coupon as an overall £5

Would this work as an automatic coupon when a user then adds 3 of the T's to there cart?

Is there a better/simpler way of doing this that you know of?

Thanks

Andy Conell
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hi Andy,

It has been a while, nice to hear from you again.

For your question, yes, buy x get y would be the easiest way to create it. And as the different price items do not have their own categories, the only thing you can really do is select each of them.

You could also use a normal coupon:
    Percent or amount: amount
    Value: 5
    Minimum quantity: 3 (specific)
    Product: select all £10 products

This is easier as you would only have to add the products just once.

• Default avatar
    andy15    
     7 years ago

Hi Seyi,

I tried this way & it was proving to be a pain to add all the product in manually. There are over 100 products and after saving once, I couldn't seem to save again (or when I did it erased the products already selected - so maybe a bug there?).

So I used CSVi to add the product into another category & set up the following;

Normal coupon:
    Percent or amount: amount
    Value: 5
    Minimum quantity: 3 (specific)
    Asset > Category: select the new Category

But what happens is this, when 3 products are added, as long as one of the products is in the new category the discount is applied.

How can I amend the coupon so that ONLY when 3 products are added in the category you get the coupon discount? Does this now need to become a buy x get y?

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello Andy,

Make sure you set discount type to specific. And you can set minimum product quantity to 3 specific, which means the coupon will only work if there are 3 or more items from the specific category.
  • Default avatar
    andy15    
     7 years ago

Excellent Seyi, Thanks.
    I didnt have the "specific set" on the product quantity.

Like the new look forum & your Avatar ;)
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Great, glad it is working now.

And thanks.
  • Default avatar
    andy15    
     7 years ago

Further question to this please ;)

If the customer adds 6 of the items from this category, they only get the coupon value removed once.

How can we make this so that if they add 6 items from this specific category the coupon is applied twice.

Thanks
    Andy
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hi Andy,

Cant. The usage of a coupon is recorded once per order, regardless of what discounts are applied within the order. You could limit the discounting to 1 per order.