Gift certificate does not offset Shipping cost

• Default avatar
    jin564    
     11 years ago

I am using Virtuemart 2.10 and Awo Pro. When I test on my site, I found the giftcerficate only offset the product cost not the shipping. Such as $100 total in my shopping cart include $70 products and $30 shipping, if I apply $100 gift card to this order, it only reduce $70 dollars and still asking $30 shipping from customer. I don't like this set up and it really does not make good sense to the shoppers. Did I miss some configurations? How can I allow the gift card apply to the total bill amount rather than product?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

When you created the template used in the gift certificate product, did you select a function type of 'coupon' or 'gift certificate'?
  • Default avatar
    jin564    
     11 years ago

Hi I really appreciate your reply. I did use gift certificate. I followed the exactly the steps as the documentation. Could that because I use a component called one page check out rather than standard virtuemart checkout? Is that possible to let me know which file calculate the actual discount at the checkout? Or I can PM you my site's admin login?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Yes, might be easier to look at it myself, if you can send the access. and the file that calculates the discount is
    www/administrator/components/com_awocoupon/helpers/estore/estorecouponhandler.php