Awo Email Login - How it work?

• Default avatar
    joomleb    
     11 years ago

Hi to all,
    please,
    Does your plugin remove all traces of the username field in the front end of Joomla and from joomla extensions like Hikashop for ex. (like "Email as Username" plugin) ?

Many Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello,

It does not. It simply allows the customer to log in with the email address.
  • Default avatar
    joomleb    
     10 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    I'm working with Joomla 3.x + Seblod 3.x + JFBConnect 5.x + HikaShop 2.1.x... etc. :

1 - I want completely hide the User Name field and I think using Seblod User Registration Form this will not be a problem. Have you any
    experience on it?

2 - Joomla requires to create the "User Name" database entry/account. So, I'll need to put something into the hidden field to satisfy Joomla Hided "User Name" field. I'm thinking to set Joomla through Seblod to auto populate "User Name" field with something like "Name.Last Name"...Right ?

3 - Then, if I understood well, when your plugin is running, I just have to change "User Name" field to "Email" into the Login module/ form page language file I'm using... Right ?
    Are all modules compatible, aren't they ?

Thank You very much...
    Emiliano
    PS I'm not a programmer, so I don't understand very well how joomla registration works, this is why I'm asking you...
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     10 years ago

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions:
    1) I am not familiar with seblod so cannot give you any advice about its registration form. Seblod does seem like a very interesting extension to Joomla.
    2) Why not just use email, that has to be unique within the database anyway so would work well as a username
    3) Yes that is correct, the plugin will automatically check the email field. There should be no compatibility issues.