Make it easier to place voucher code, price and expiration in templates

• Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     7 years ago

I would like the ability to place {voucher}, {price} and {expiration} and/or {expiration_text} directly in the template without having to use the fields Vouchers and Expiration text.

It would allow for much more flexibility in presenting the gift certificate in the email...

Example:

Dear {recipient_name},

{purchaser_first_name} {purchaser_last_name} has sent you a gift certificate for {price}.

----
    You can't do this with the Vouchers field because you can't place any other content other than voucher, price and expiration_text.

Also, it would be nice to be able to format the {expiration} date inline so we can have different template profiles...e.g. one template profile we may want the full date for the expiration (March 1, 2017) and on another we may want to place the month/year... (March 2017). But not by overriding the default Joomla date/time for everything.

Some components use inline tags to do this, not sure if its possible, but like {expiration|%m %d %y} ... and the like.

But even without that, getting separate fields for {voucher} {price} would be helpful. I don't see the point in trying to create a macro field Vouchers if these items were available throughout the profile template.
  • Default avatar
    opt2bout    
     7 years ago

Note: I see that Reminders tags have all of the fields we need...if we could just add those to the Gift Certificate template that would be great!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

It would not work with gift certificates as an order can have more than one gift certificate. All gift certificates get emailed out in 1 email, as opposed to mailing an email per gift certificate.