How to Redeem points only when order total is more than xx euros

• Default avatar
    victoria021101    
     7 years ago

Hello,
    I want the customers to be able to redeem their points only when they make a new order of a total more than 10 euros.
    So, If a new order is less than 10 euros, then the customer shouldn't be able to reddem points on that order. But of course, he will earn the points from this order.
    Is this possible? How can I do this?

Note: The customers earn 1 point for every 1 euro they order
    AwoRewards Configuration:
    Coupon Payout Request>>
    Points to Amount Ratio: 50
    Minimum Payout Amount: 2

Thank you in advance,
    Victoria!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Well these are 2 different sections:
    - earning points
    - redeeming points

You have already setup the rule to earn points. For redeeming, this is based on the number of overall points they have, regardless of what their last order total was. Looking at your setup, the customer would have to earn 100 points before it can be paid out.

If I understand your question correctly, you cant do what you are trying to.
  • Default avatar
    victoria021101    
     7 years ago

Hello again,
    well I don't care about the last order total.
    I want to set a minimum order total for the order that the customer is about to make and in which he will redeem his points.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

You mean in which he will earn points? You want the order total to be at least 10 to earn points?

If so in the rule
    - Minimum Order Total Type: per order
    - Minimum Order Total: 10
  • Default avatar
    victoria021101    
     7 years ago

Thanks again for the prompt reply.
    I want the order total to be at least 10 to REDEEM points not to EARN points.

Well, I did the change you adviced me but it doesn't work. I tried to make an order of 9 euros BUT I can still redeem points.

Any other idea?
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

You cannot set redeem based on order total, you can set the redeem based on the number of points in the user account.
  • Default avatar
    victoria021101    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Is there any way to set that when a customer is about to redeem points, the amount he earns through redeeming to be smaller than the total amount of the order he makes.

For example, let's say a customer is about to redeem points and through redeeming he will earn 3 euros.
    Well, the order he makes has to be more than 3 euros.
    Because if he orders something of e.g. 2 euros, then I'll have to give him money back which I do not want.

Thank you in advance,
    Victoria!
  • Default avatar
    victoria021101    
     7 years ago

Hello,
    thanks for the quick reply!

I think you did understand my question.
    But I want to notice this: The customer can redeem points only by making a New Order.
    So, I do not care about the last order total. I care about the total of the order he now makes and from which he wants to redeem his points.

So, with this notice, are you saying that I cannot do what I am trying to?
    If I cannot do it, then what should I do? I want to avoid having a negative total when a customer redeems points through an order.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Can you give me your definition of redeeming points?