Unable to checkout after update of Virtuemart

• Default avatar
    info@web-guru.co.za    
     7 years ago

Hi. I recently updated our site from Joomla 3.4.8 to 3.5.1, Virtuemart 3.0.9.4 to 3.0.14 and AwoCoupon 2.4.6 to 2.4.8. After this, I am unable to checkout. If I disable the "Enable Coupon Usage" under Virtuemart Configuration, I am able to checkout but if I enable it again, on checkout the when you click "confirm purchase", the page just loads the same page again. Has anyone experienced this problem before?
    Thanks
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

So the cart never confirms? It just reloads the cart page? Do you have to enter a coupon for this behavior or you just need to 'enable coupon usage' in configuration?

Not really sure what is causing your problem, but happy to look at it if you can send a private message with temp admin and ftp access.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Thanks for the access. Had a look and this is a problem with the template. You would still receive the problem even if AwoCoupon was not installed.

In your template, you have text inside the textbox that disappears when you click in it:
    - Enter your Coupon code

After upgrading this text is now assumed to be a coupon code, and when you click checkout, it tries to validate the text, always resulting in a fail, causing the confirm not to show.

So in the template file:
    /templates/flexo/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default_coupon.php

Changed this
        <input type="text" name="coupon_code" size="20" maxlength="50" class="coupon" alt="<?php echo $this->coupon_text ?>" value="<?php echo $this->coupon_text?>" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='<?php echo $this->coupon_text?>';" onfocus="if(this.value=='<?php echo $this->coupon_text?>') this.value='';" />

To this:
            <input type="text" name="coupon_code" size="20" maxlength="50" class="coupon" alt="<?php echo $this->coupon_text ?>" value="" />

This does remove the text from the textbox, but it at least validates now.
  • Default avatar
    info@web-guru.co.za    
     7 years ago

Thanks, this has helped.