Create a coupon/discount for order "X"

• Default avatar
    spomer    
     7 years ago

Hi-
    I have a customer who would like to offer a "reward" (discount, or product, not sure exactly what is needed), and he would like to apply this to every 10th (or maybe 25th, or 50th...) order, no matter which client orders.
    Is this at all possible with AWO Coupon?

Thanks,
    Stephanie
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Interesting promotion, but no, AwoCoupon could not do it. AwoCoupon's main goal is processing of coupons. We also have AwoRewards which are for promotions but that would not do it either as it checks on a per client basis.
  • Default avatar
    spomer    
     7 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply! I will let my customer know, and maybe propose a different promotion that can be handled with AWO Coupon - which works really well :)
  • Default avatar
    spomer    
     7 years ago

Hi Seyi- I've looked at your AWO Rewards, and it looks really interesting.
    I wanted to confirm a few things with you, so that I can properly explain it to my customer, so that he can think about what promotions he would like to offer to his customers. We will be using coupons, and not points (at least in the beginning)

(1) is there a way to offer a fixed amount (let's say 10$) as a reward when a customer places their 10th order? From what I read, it seems that the percent in the rule overrides any coupon info in the template. I was wondering if the selected template was a gift card, would that work?
    (2) is the coupon always sent by email, or is it possible to have the rule applied directly to the 10th order and let them receive the discount automatically at the checkout? (we already have an automatic coupon that gives 10% off every 4th product in the basket)
    (3) are there advantages to using a system coupon rather than the AWO coupon? I have the AWO Coupon Pro installed on the site, but was wondering if there situations where it would be preferable to using the system coupon.
    (4) when using a template coupon, is the coupon code different everytime it is generated when the rule is triggered? That is, does each customer who receives their reward for 10th order receives a different coupon code?
    (5) is the coupon code that is generated specific to the customer (assuming the template is set to total number of uses=1)? Let's say I place my 10th order and receive my coupon code. I use it & receive my discount. If I were to share that code with a friend who also shops at the same place, but is only at their 6th order, would the same coupon code work? If the friend were to use it before me, would it work for them? and then I could not use it since it has been used the 1 time

Thanks!
    Stephanie
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Ok, here are my answers:

(1) Yes, something like this should do it:
    Rule Type: order
    Minimum Order Total Type: Per order
    Order Number to trigger rule: 10
    Credit type: points

(2) For this no, there is nothing that would automatically apply the generated code and disable being sent by email. But you can use AwoCoupon Balance, since you have AwoCoupon pro installed. I know you said no points, but it might make sense here. You setup the rule as in (1). Then in AwoRewards config, go to Automatic Payout.
    Payment Type: AwoCoupon Balance
    Points to Amount Ratio: 1
    Minimum payout: 0.01

Then when a customer gets rewarded for their 10th order with 10 points, the points are automatically converted to store credit of $10 in the customer's account. And as long as you have setup a module in checkout to use their store credit, it is simply 1 click to use:
    https://awodev.com/blog/awocoupon-gift-certificate-balance

(3) No. System coupons are there for those that do not have AwoCoupon Pro installed.

(4) Yes correct, a new unique code is always generated.

(5) It depends on the type of coupon. If the coupon is a gift certificate, then no, because gift certificates do not attach to any specific customer. But every other type of coupon would. And if you are setting number of uses to 1 then you are not using a gift certificate, so yes, in that situation, the code generated would be specific to the customer who it was generated for. No one else can use it.