GC Email template question

• Default avatar
    zorigo    
     7 years ago

I am trying to create a GC email template that will accommodate an instance of a person purchasing multiple gift certificates. Basically a table with headings of GC Code | Value | Expiration. However, this would require me to put a table row into the {vouchers} field so that it would put each one on it's own line. When I do this though it messes up the template form due to the parenthesis in the styling of the table. Any idea of the best way to set up a template where multiple GC's are laid out like this:

GC Code | Value | Expiration
    GC1 | $50 | 05/13/2016
    GC2 | $50 | 05/13/2016
    GC3 | $50 | 05/13/2016
    GC4 | $50 | 05/13/2016

Thanks!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Hello,

Can you past the exact code you are using in the {vouechers} field? I do not see how table tags would mess it up.

Something like this should work fine:
    <tr><td>{voucher}</td><td>{price}</td><td>{expiration_text}</td></tr>

• Default avatar
    zorigo    
     7 years ago

Hi Seyi -

It's not so much the tags, but the quotes in the tags:

<tr><td style="font-color: #CCC;">{voucher}</td><td style="font-color: #CCC;">{price}</td><td style="font-color: #CCC;">{expiration_text}</td></tr>

Also, if I do it as you have outlined above it moves the {vouchers} tag outside of the table. So, my code in the template looks like this:
    <table>
    {vouchers}
    </table>

But when I save it, it looks like this:
    {vouchers}
    <table>
    </table>

I've tried multiple editors and it always moves the {vouchers} tag outside of the table tags.

Thx!
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     7 years ago

Ok, I see. The css and the table formatting is probably done by either the editor or a plugin.

Might be able to get it to work if you set text editor to none.

Unfortunately cant think of an easy solution for this.