Prestashop 1.5.2 - How does a visitor use a voucher & multi-currency

• Default avatar
    warren2    
     11 years ago

Hi,
    I'm a new user... just bought the prestashop module. Installed it without any problem at www.mineralium-deadsea.com. Now I have 2 questions:

1) I have created a coupon AsxGCH4La to give a $1 discount for a test, but I can't see how/where to use the coupon. My checkout screen has a 'voucher' field for the PS standard vouchers, but no other coupon field appears. Silly question, but where/how do I use the voucher?

2) My site is multi-currency (currently 2 but expanding to more currencies soon). Is your module currency agnostic? ie does it deduct 20 off the price irrespective of whether the cart total is USD or GBP. If not, then how do I have different coupons for different currencies?

Warren
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hello Warren,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) You enter the coupon code in the voucher field. The same field for ps standard vouchers
    2) The coupon codes are all kept in 1 currency, your main currency. So if your currency is USD and give out a coupon with a value of 20, this is assumed to be USD. If a customer has changed the currency to GBP, then the 20 will also be converted using your conversions. If selling gift certificates and sold in GBP, when processed, it will be converted to USD and that is the value the customer will have.
  • Default avatar
    warren2    
     11 years ago

Hi Seyi,
    1) I assumed I just was supposed to use the voucher field but it doesn't work. See http://o7.no/PwRgL2 and feel free to try yourself. Here is the backoffice definition: http://o7.no/Qun7dB.

2) If the currency is converted at current exchange rates, then the buyer in another country is going to get very strange looking numbers and what happens with rounding. A $50 voucher becomes EUR 38.19 whereas I would want really to offer a EUR 40 voucher to European customers. Do you have a solution to this?

Warren

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

Hi Warren,

There are overrides that get added in your override folder. Where they added?

For the currency, the truth is you setup a product for lets say $50. You set it up as a gift certificate in the backend and attach $50 to it. When customer sees product in the front end, it would cost $50. If they decide to change the currency, it would become 40 something euros and change. Customer purchases and received $50 voucher. The only solution to having multiple currencies is to build a platform to support multiple currencies. That requires an overhaul. In such a scenario, you would attach a $50 USD coupon to the product and a 40 something euro coupon to the product, and depending on which currency it was purchased in depends on what the customer receives.
  • Default avatar
    warren2    
     11 years ago

1) What overrides? There's nothing in the user guide about it. I see in the module that you have 1.5 overrides for controllers and classes, but what exactly do you want me to check, do or add?

2) One of the reasons that I selected Prestashop is because of its multi-lingual and multi-currency strength. Rather than translating prices, I have different price books per country so that I can offer sensible prices in whole numbers. A $50 voucher in the US should be a EUR 40 voucher and not a EUR 38.19 voucher. Similarly, if someone wants to buy a $100 gift certificate to give to a friend in the US, we can hardly expect them to buy a 62.09 pound voucher in the UK! I would suggest that you should seriously consider currency specific coupons/vouchers for your next update of this module. My base currency is US but I sell in Romania (RON) and soon in the UK (GBP) and France (EUR). At the moment, I won't be able to use your module when I expand outside of my base currency.

Warren
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     11 years ago

In prestashop 1.4.x you should have:

www/override/classes/Cart.php
    www/override/classes/Discount.php
    www/override/classes/Order.php
    www/override/controllers/ParentOrderController.php

These files can be found in www/modules/awocoupon/prestashop/override14.

They are installed automatically (usually).
  • Default avatar
    warren2    
     11 years ago

Seyi,
    Those files were not installed automatically so I've copied them over and now it all works perfectly. Thanks... but may I suggest you update the installation section of your documentation to include the instructions for manually copying if for any reason they don't get copied during the installation process.

As for the multi-currency issue, I'd really like you to consider this one... it will give a big boost to your module and make it far more appropriate for multi-national sites such as mine. To be honest, I'm torn between asking for my money back on the one hand and using what seems to be a great module on the other hand. Your Buy X get Y and flexible coupon functionality are fantastic.

Warren