Gift Certificates Not Forwarding to PayPal

• Default avatar
    craig5    
     8 years ago

Hi,

I am running a store where a client discounts one big product with one 1 use gift certificate and then adds on extra products and discounts them with a second 1 use certificate.

In cases where the 2nd gift certificate value is higher than the items they've chosen it all looks okay in the Store but when they click through to PayPal it forgets all of the gift certificate codes that have been applied. Is there a work around or upgrade that fixes this other than asking them to spend more than the gift certificate amount?

Thanks,

Craig Andrews
  • Default avatar
    craig5    
     8 years ago

Hi,

The problem is also occurring if the value of the ertificate code (or coupon) is exactly the same amount as the products ordered.

e.g.

Client orders Boxed Set 1 priced at £52
    Clicks on cart, and selects postage of £5
    Total currently equals £57
    Client enter £52 discount certificate (or coupon)
    Total shows £5
    User clicks on Complete Purchase and is taken through to PayPal.
    Paypal shows total to pay is £57 it has not used the code.

This is very urgent as I have clients currently trying to redeem codes.

Thanks,

Craig A

• Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Is this a virtuemart store? If so, you are probably dealing wit this problem:
    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120972

in awocoupon->configuration set 'Order state to trigger coupon processing' to your confirmed order statuses, not order creation.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

For virtuemart store, make sure you have a payment method that shows only when the order total is 0. And set all other order methods to show when minimum order total is 0.01.
  • Default avatar
    craig5    
     8 years ago

Hi Seyi,

Thanks for your reply. I only have PayPal setup. I've duplicated and set one to Minimum Amount Minimum Amount 0.01 and the other to Maximum Amount 0 but its giving shoppers a choice of the two methods and neither applies the certificate.

Could you tell me exactly how I do this? I still need them to transfer to paypal tp pay the postage even if their products are discounted to 0.

Thanks,

Craig
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Guess I misunderstood. If the order total including shipping costs never hit 0, then you do not need this. And to answer the question, you would have to set the maximum amount to 0.01. If you set it to 0, virtuemart assumes you have that feature deactivated.
  • Default avatar
    craig5    
     8 years ago

Yes, it never hits 0.

It's like I detailed above:

1) Client orders Boxed Set 1 priced at £52

2) Clicks on cart, and selects postage of £5

3) Total currently equals £57

4) Client enters £52 discount certificate (or coupon)

5) Total to pay shows £5

6) User clicks on Complete Purchase and is taken through to PayPal.

7) Paypal shows the total to pay is £57 it has not applied the code.

If they add any other products taking them over the value of their order code this problem does not happen. Most of the customers don't though they just select the one product they have the code for. We then need to charge them postage.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Craig
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Did you update awocoupon config as in my first post? This should get rid of any coupons being dropped issues.
  • Default avatar
    craig5    
     8 years ago

Hi,

Yes it is a Virtuemart store.

I'm afraid it is till occurring.

I changed "Order state to trigger coupon processing" to "Confirmed".

I can create a login and email it to you for you to see? Or send images if that would help?

Thanks,

Craig
  • Default avatar
    craig5    
     8 years ago

Hi,

Do you have any update on this? As I said I have 200+ users that have already been issued codes that can't checkout?

Thanks,

Craig
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Yes please send private message with temp admin access and how to reproduce. I have tested this locally and not getting any problems with forwarding coupon discount to paypal.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for the access.

Ok, managed to get reproduce this locally and it seems to be a bug with paypal. After reproducing it with AwoCoupon, I uninstalled AwoCoupon and tried it with Virtuemart coupon, and it is the same problem.

In testing, I changed around settings in Paypal, and found that this specific setting is directly related to the bug:

Payment Type: Shopping cart

If you set it to 'normal' it works fine.

• Default avatar
    craig5    
     8 years ago

Thanks Seyi!

It does indeed work now.

Cracking assistance and help thank you very much!

Craig A