Don't have any coupon issued even after the "friend" as made an order with Order rule

• Default avatar
    pierre1    
     8 years ago

Hi!

I set up an Order Rule with the following parameters (Magento 1.9)

Customer Type: Everyone
    Expiration and start date: (empty)
    Rule Type: Order
    Ordering: 2
    Mini Order Total Type: All Orders
    Minimum Amount: 35
    Order number to trigger rule: empty
    Percent of order total:empty
    Credit Type: instant
    Coupon to copy: coupon code generated for 10 €

What I want to have is a rule where a sponsor can invite friend and when his friend sign in and make purchase for more than 35€ an email is sent to him and to his sponsor with a coupon of 10€

I already have several customers who did exactly that (I can see in Aworewards dashboard) that their friends sign in. There is no indication in this dashboard that a purchase have been made but I know they did. No email is sent (checked with customer and throught Mandrill that I use to dispatch my emails)

I'm trying to understand how the Order rules are checked in the system. I found a cron job but it's only for review and I don't see when the Order rules are checked. Is there a cron job as well ? Is it checked whenever an order is made (which means that there are no queue list - in case of cron malfunction for example ...) ?

Please give me some directions to help debug this issue

Thanks in advance

Pierre
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

The rule you created is for any customer and does not have special connection to sponsors/referrals. If you want a coupon to go out to the sponsor and the friend, then you would need to create 2 different rules, where in one you set the customer type to the 'sponsor' and in the other you set the customer type to the 'friend'.

Let me know if you have further questions.
  • Default avatar
    pierre1    
     8 years ago

Thanks for your answer.

Do I have to change something between the two rules like "Rule Type" or "Email content" if I want to send a coupon of 10€ to sponsor and friend?

I would suggest to make a step-by-step tutorial to easily setup this kind of Uber-sponsorship rule (10€ for sponsor and for friend). I couldn't find it on your website if it exists. I would be happy to contribute if you want.
  • Your avatar
    seyi    
     8 years ago

Hello,

There is a referral example here
    https://awodev.com/documentation/aworewards/examples/referral-rule

The rule type can stay the same as you want it to work on the order. The email content for each rule should be tailored to the sponsor and referral, depending on which you are editing.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • Default avatar
    pierre1    
     8 years ago

Thanks. It's pretty clear looking at your example ... sorry for not seeing it.

Maybe just add a line somewhere that said something like that "You have to create two rules in order to make it work, one for the sponsor and the other for the friend. Careful, don't use one rule with "Everyone" set, as it doesn't mean "Sponsor & Friend". It only means that the rule will apply for a random customer doing an action apart from a referral".